!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/24/2018 1:29 pm  #1

Form-fillable 2e Char Sheet

reposted from G+:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1KPl5WJCfta4nS30-Zv2C-OTephzwAPV5

Prior to the release of 2e, Jeff released a pdf of the new char sheet.  Somebody added forms and reposted it.  (I'm sorry, but I don't remember who did it...I'll gladly give credit if the name surfaces.)  Anyway, the sheet as I found it tried to autocalculate the combat chart near the bottom, based on Fighting Ability (FA).  It was little janky and didn't work, so I looked at it, and tried to fix it.  I eventually got annoyed and stripped the math out and re-did the calculations, without relying on the FA value.  So, for this sheet, simply put in the value needed to hit AC 0 in the proper box, and everything higher and lower will auto-calc/fill.

There are some other changes I'll probably make (fonts and text size) and I'll post any update here and on G+.  I WILL NOT try to do a fully auto-calc sheet, as I need to be prepping 5 adventures for gary con, and don't have time for this.

But this is a perfectly serviceable sheet which will save our players from having to roll for Decipher Script to read the damn thing.

Last edited by francisca (1/24/2018 1:36 pm)

1/24/2018 2:14 pm  #2

Re: Form-fillable 2e Char Sheet

THANK YOU!!!!

I've been looking for one, Need to create a bunch of Premades for TotalCon 2018 in a couple weeks. I'll be running two runs of the Adventure Module I wrote up.

-- 
BlackKnight, AKA Sausage
Older than Dirt, Crusty, and set in my ways. Been playing TTRPGs for over 45 years...

1/25/2018 5:54 pm  #3

That's wizard - thankyou! 

1/25/2018 6:22 pm  #4

Thanks for posting! Already put the link up in my group chat.

"Role-playing isn't storytelling. If the dungeon master is directing it, it's not a game."  ~ Gary Gygax

1/26/2018 10:44 am  #5

You're welcome, guys.  Again, someone else did the bulk of the work, but I'm glad I was able to contribute a little bit.

1/27/2018 12:15 pm  #6

Thanks Francisca!

1/30/2018 2:48 pm  #7

Thanks Rich!

Allan.

3/01/2018 8:53 am  #8

Has anyone had any trouble printing this sheet after filling it in? I'm trying to get the pregens finished off for GaryCon. For some reason, on the closer printer to me this one prints only the first page, and that blank, without any of the field data. It also prints:

ERROR: typecheck
OFFENDING COMMAND: cshow

STACK:

It must be an error at the printer since I was able to print to the farther-away machine (which I have to hustle to before anyone wonders when we went into cryomancy!).

Just wonderin'.

3/01/2018 11:39 am  #9

Handy Haversack wrote:

Has anyone had any trouble printing this sheet after filling it in? I'm trying to get the pregens finished off for GaryCon. For some reason, on the closer printer to me this one prints only the first page, and that blank, without any of the field data. It also prints:

STACK:

It must be an error at the printer since I was able to print to the farther-away machine (which I have to hustle to before anyone wonders when we went into cryomancy!).

Just wonderin'.

I never had trouble in the past, but I haven't used it in a year.

EDIT -- Sorry, I was thinking of Maezar's sheet. I've used these ones very recently with no problems.

Last edited by Ghul (3/01/2018 11:42 am)

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

3/03/2018 12:17 pm  #10

Handy Haversack wrote:

STACK:

Just wonderin'.

I've begun printing the character sheets for my games this morning and have not run into any issues. 

3/03/2018 2:29 pm  #11

Nope, no problems on 4 different printers from 2 different computers.

3/04/2018 2:22 pm  #12

Yeah, it's the printer driver. I have tried several now. There's something about booklet printing to ledger paper that just screws up every one I try on this machine. I can't ask for *too* much IT assistance since I don't print that much stuff for work . . .

3/15/2018 8:54 pm  #13

Rich, I can't thank you enough for this. It was a total lifesaver for my games at Gary Con and will make life incredibly easy for me in future cons. I loathe making my players fill out their own character sheets at cons and I despise making player try and read my chicken scratch. 

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.