!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/15/2017 8:22 pm  #1

The Song of Lost Lanora

Here's a Hyborian Age adventure I wrote for the 2d20 Conan game and converted to AS&SH 2e. 
I didn't get a chance to make any cool OSR maps for it yet.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1BA3nCdNEfrcQlbBArjSn0LH9vB-BBMK1

"But not all men seek rest and peace; some are born with the spirit of the storm in their blood" -REH
Rambling Conan Blog

12/17/2017 1:25 am  #2

Re: The Song of Lost Lanora

Thanks for sharing. I will cannabilize it for my own use.

12/17/2017 8:15 am  #3

Cheers Grim.

12/18/2017 11:16 pm  #4

Thanks for sharing your work! i can definitely appreciate and sympathize having to convert from Conan 2D20.

"Role-playing isn't storytelling. If the dungeon master is directing it, it's not a game."  ~ Gary Gygax

12/19/2017 8:27 am  #5

@Jimm - did you also back that Kickstarter?

"But not all men seek rest and peace; some are born with the spirit of the storm in their blood" -REH
Rambling Conan Blog

12/19/2017 2:40 pm  #6

I did not, but purchased pdfs of the book and the adventure compilation. I like the ideas behind the scenarios, but they are written with presumptions of player actions and otherwise encourage the DM to move the characters from scene to scene, you know, for the story. I started my Dungeon World campaign with the scenario included in the main book but broke it down into set-pieces and dangers, which took some work, but was better than trying to herd PCs through someone's fan-fiction.

"Role-playing isn't storytelling. If the dungeon master is directing it, it's not a game."  ~ Gary Gygax

12/19/2017 10:58 pm  #7

@Jim - That sums up well how I feel about the 2d20 fluff and adventures. Railroad through someones fan fiction (that isn't very good.)
You're lucky you didn't back it all. I went in for way too much and regret it.

Rambling Conan Blog

12/20/2017 10:39 pm  #8

Hopefully the next person who gets the license is familiar with how rpgs are actually played and how sentences are actually written.

12/21/2017 11:31 am  #9

@Jimm - That made me actually LOL pretty hard. Thanks!

Rambling Conan Blog

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.