!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/14/2017 1:15 pm  #1

You can break the bloody glass / But you won't hold up the weather

Using the new Weather in Hyperborea material in appendix B to roll out a couple of weeks of weather for my players as they flail about in the Fever Swamp, I had this thought:

For days during festival weeks, reverse the digits of the modified Conditions roll. So I had rolled:

81: Rain 22: Partly cloudy 63: Fog 69: Fog 96: Sleet 99: Snow 46: Heat 

Instead it would be

18: Partly cloudy 22: Partly cloudy 36: Cloudy 96: Snow 69: Fog 99: Snow 64: Fog

Just to change up the patterns. Further, I think that any festival day when you roll doubles (22, 99 above) and ANY day you get a Fortean events result is a great chance to use BA23's Celestial Phenomena table, right?

12/14/2017 8:39 pm  #2

Re: You can break the bloody glass / But you won't hold up the weather

I like it! I'd be tempted to add that the Referee has the option of choosing between the normal result and the reversed-roll result to suit his/her mood at the moment. Perhaps Apollo would gift his followers with clear weather, and Tsathoggua would like it if it were to pour down misery on his holidays...

"I, Satampra Zeiros of Uzuldaroum, shall write with my left hand, since I have no longer any other, the tale of everything that befell Tirouv Ompallios and myself in the shrine of the god Tsathoggua..."

12/14/2017 9:01 pm  #3

Very creative! I like it.

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

12/15/2017 8:23 am  #4

I was further thinking that any result of 100 or more on the Conditions table should just mean Celestial Phenomena. Rather than precipitation, which instead you could get only from modified results of x7-x9.

Happy Saturnalia to us all! My players are about to find out what that means in the Fever Swamp. I suppose I am, too.

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.