Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Being the Official Discussion Forum for Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea™

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/12/2017 11:33 am  #41

Re: Demihumans!

Again, I wouldn't dream of having LotR style elves or halflings. Nobody would speak of an "elf race" or a "halfling race." Statistical halflings could represent tcho-tcho, Homo floresiensis, orang-pendaks, Madchen's "little people," etc. Elf stats could represent remnant Lemurians, African wakyambi, reclusive jann from Arab mythology, and so forth.

"Role-playing isn't storytelling. If the dungeon master is directing it, it's not a game."  ~ Gary Gygax

12/12/2017 1:42 pm  #42

Re: Demihumans!

Jimm.Iblis wrote:

Again, I wouldn't dream of having LotR style elves or halflings. Nobody would speak of an "elf race" or a "halfling race." Statistical halflings could represent tcho-tcho, Homo floresiensisorang-pendaks, Madchen's "little people," etc. Elf stats could represent remnant Lemurians, African wakyambi, reclusive jann from Arab mythology, and so forth.

If you're talking about reskins then yeah I do it all the time because we DMs have better things to do with our time than reinventing the wheel. Incidentally, the Forgotten Fane of the Coiled Goddess describes the lost continent of the Lemurian Remnant which is also a good place for tcho-tchos to pop up.

Handy Haversack wrote:

Also, I think my players like quoting Planet of the Apes: The Musical.

I love legitimate theater.

Last edited by Brock Savage (12/12/2017 1:51 pm)

Board footera

“Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea”, “AS&SH”, and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ©2017 North Wind Adventures, LLC.