!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/10/2017 7:45 pm  #1

Fire and Ice

Frazetta & Bakshi tale of dark magic, subhuman races, witches and gore. Free to watch on YouTube and with Amazon Prime.

12/13/2017 1:50 am  #2

Re: Fire and Ice

Yea man this was a great flick and a good intro to sword & sorcery for the uninitiated (gf liked it). I think it was Fire and Ice, Conan the Barbarian, Yor Hunter From The Future, Heavy Metal, and Beastmaster that seared weird fantasy into my young brain.

Edit. I can't believe I forgot Zardoz, Excalibur, and Krull. 

Last edited by Brock Savage (12/13/2017 2:49 am)

12/13/2017 11:40 am  #3

And Ator, The Fighting Eagle, which has an interesting magic item that is useful to the hero in battling the big bad guy.

12/15/2017 7:55 pm  #4

No love for Deathstalker?
Fire and Ice was the schnit. I do believe I have it lying around here somewhere on VHS. May have to watch it again for nostalgia's sake.

"I, Satampra Zeiros of Uzuldaroum, shall write with my left hand, since I have no longer any other, the tale of everything that befell Tirouv Ompallios and myself in the shrine of the god Tsathoggua..."

12/15/2017 8:20 pm  #5

Great film! I watch it at least once a year.

I totally forgot about Yor, now I have to see if I can find it.

"But not all men seek rest and peace; some are born with the spirit of the storm in their blood" -REH
Rambling Conan Blog

12/16/2017 5:20 pm  #6

Beastmaster!  OMG can't believe I forgot that movie. I must have watched it a dozen times. Still holding out for Tanya Roberts to be my girlfriend...

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.