!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/01/2017 3:02 pm  #1

NES Classic (8-bit)

Over the weekend I bought an NES Classic (the mini one) from a guy who loaded it up with 350 games of my choice, including everything I ever played and liked as a kid (too many to list) plus many, many more that I never tried back in the day (for various reasons). Super pumped!

So, anyone else a big NES fan? What games did you like?

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

5/01/2017 5:24 pm  #2

Re: NES Classic (8-bit)

Chainsaw wrote:

Sega Genesis > NES! 

I loved my Sega when I was a teen. I spent countless hours playing NHL '92, '93, Evander Holyfield Boxing, Street Fighter II and Mortal Kombat.

"FINISH HIM!"

5/01/2017 7:13 pm  #3

Ar'Pharazon wrote:

Chainsaw wrote:

Sega Genesis > NES! 

Haha! It was 16-bit, so the graphics were definitely better! Pound-for-pound, though, I don't think it had the breadth and depth of the 8-bit NES. Now... was it better overall than the 16-bit SNES, game-wise? I don't know, toss up maybe. I love them both! 

I loved my Sega when I was a teen. I spent countless hours playing NHL '92, '93, Evander Holyfield Boxing, Street Fighter II and Mortal Kombat.

"FINISH HIM!"

Brings back memories, no question! My best friend had a Genesis and we played the crap out of it, especially Golden Axe, Shinobi, Streets of Rage and Madden. Lots and lots of Madden.

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

11/30/2017 10:03 pm  #4

Chainsaw wrote:

. It probably hasn't aged well but I spent the entire summer of 1990 playing Final Fantasy

Ar'Pharazon wrote:

Sega Genesis > NES! 

The only Sega Genesis game that stuck with me was a great one called Master of Monsters

Last edited by Brock Savage (11/30/2017 10:04 pm)

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.