!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/28/2017 5:11 pm  #101

Re: Gary Con X (2018)

Unfortunately, a conflicting obligation has arisen at work, so I can’t make it this year. Maybe next year! Have fun!

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

11/28/2017 5:34 pm  #102

Chainsaw wrote:

Unfortunately, a conflicting obligation has arisen at work, so I can’t make it this year. Maybe next year! Have fun!

Whaaat?? Oh No! I hope that clears up!

“How can I wear the harness of toil
And sweat at the daily round,
While in my soul forever
The drums of Pictdom sound?” 

11/28/2017 5:43 pm  #103

mabon5127 wrote:

Chainsaw wrote:

Whaaat?? Oh No! I hope that clears up!

My group travels together periodically during every Q1, but I’ve been lucky and haven’t had a conflict in a while. It’s possible the date may move, but odds are low. Best to cancel my events now so that people can select some with higher chances of occurring. Such is life!

11/28/2017 8:17 pm  #104

Chainsaw, That stinks man! Sorry to hear that you may not be there. I totally get the whole work conflict though. Arrrrrghh it just sucks though!

No foolsgrave to die in.....

Del Teigeler, Illustrator
mavfire.blogspot.com
mavfire.deviantart.com

11/29/2017 9:27 am  #105

Well, with Chainsaw dropping out, I'll add two on-grid games of AS&SH.  I'll also step up and run off-grid games each night, in the suite.  It won't be Foolsgrave, but I'll kill your sorry asses with as much mirth as Chainsaw, with an added dosage of that "penchant for brutality" he mentioned.

11/29/2017 10:06 am  #106

Yeah, was totally looking forward to Foolsgrave with my dude that has survived 3 trips into it.

I was also curious as to how mavfire was gonna die each time. ;-)

What? Me worry?

11/29/2017 10:07 am  #107

francisca wrote:

Well, with Chainsaw dropping out, I'll add two on-grid games of AS&SH.  I'll also step up and run off-grid games each night, in the suite.  It won't be Foolsgrave, but I'll kill your sorry asses with as much mirth as Chainsaw, with an added dosage of that "penchant for brutality" he mentioned.

Great, goats of the black gulf are in our near future.

What? Me worry?

11/29/2017 12:42 pm  #108

Oh no!  That's a real bummer.  Hope things change to make GCX work for you.  You always have a seat available in any of my games.

11/29/2017 4:02 pm  #109

gizmomathboy wrote:

Great, goats of the black gulf are in our near future.

Well, I dunno about that, but " GREAT GOATS OF THE BLACK GULF!!!" is now my favorite catchphrase!

Last edited by francisca (11/29/2017 4:05 pm)

11/29/2017 4:56 pm  #110

Chainsaw will be missed! His games are incredibly popular, especially at GC. Maybe things will change between now and then, so let's cross our fingers for the man! 

"GREAT GOATS OF THE BLACK GULF!" indeed. ;)

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

11/29/2017 7:35 pm  #111

Thanks for the flattering words, guys. Maybe next year it will work out better. 

11/29/2017 8:29 pm  #112

11/29/2017 10:17 pm  #113

Ghul wrote:

"GREAT GOATS OF THE BLACK GULF!" indeed. ;)

11/30/2017 12:54 am  #114

gizmomathboy wrote:

I was also curious as to how mavfire was gonna die each time.

This was pretty much my first thought about Chainsaw's news. 

11/30/2017 12:56 am  #115

Chainsaw wrote:

That's too bad. I was looking forward to playing in your games and catching up. 

12/02/2017 7:18 am  #116

Ar'Pharazon wrote:

gizmomathboy wrote:

I was also curious as to how mavfire was gonna die each time.

This was pretty much my first thought about Chainsaw's news. 

Haha! Two of Del’s four PCs did live...

Ar'Pharazon wrote:

Chainsaw wrote:

That's too bad. I was looking forward to playing in your games and catching up. 

Thanks man! I’m flattered. Perhaps in 2019.

12/09/2017 1:34 pm  #117

Hey, everyone. I will be running two AS&SH on the grid games this year. Here's what I have, pending scheduling: 

Thursday, 8am: Thieves of Fortress Badabaskor

You and your band of adventurers explore this cliffside stronghold in a good old fashion dungeon crawling flashback to the 1978 Judges Guild module. We will be using the AS&SH rules. Pregens will be provided.

Saturday, 8am: Cairn of the Warlord / Hand of the Deeps

The fledgling party has been blackmailed into undertaking an assassination mission. But when they arrive in the mark’s farming village, otherworldly vines seem to creep across the town. Their mission might not be the challenge they expected. This is a short, introductory 1st level adventure. Pre-gens will he provided.

12/10/2017 5:21 pm  #118

Wsmith, why do you start your games so early! I'm not a good enough person to be able to make an 8 AM start . . .

Finally submitted mine:

Thursday, 12-4:
Hyperborea: Ruinous Palace of the Metegorgos
An adventure of moldering power, monstrous fecundity, old gold hidden in old places, and the cruelty of petty gods. Rumors swirl through Brigands Bay and Stonebrook of an ancient power that once more stirs in the deep Hyperborean forest. The children of the cursed Metegorgos stalk the woods outside her ruined hall. What treasures might wait within, forgotten in the darkness of her long madness?

This adventure definitely has some adult themes and content and is not for the squeamish. Written by Evey Lockhart and published by In Search of Games.

Sunday, 12-4:
Hyperborea: Beyond Beyond the Ice Fall!
The long year of darkness is over, but ice still grips Hyperborea. Wolves and stranger things rove in the darkness, and the bloated, old red sun is slow reappear. The supply ship is overdue and feared lost in the sudden late snows, and a strange unearthly cold is gripping your island home. The skills you honed during the long darkness are suddenly needed. In the icy wastes, death or glory awaits.

An adaptation of "Beyond the Ice Fall" by Joseph D. Salvador.

The 250-character limit on descriptions is annoying.

12/10/2017 9:31 pm  #119

Handy Haversack wrote:

Hyperborea: Ruinous Palace of the Metegorgos [snip]
This adventure definitely has some adult themes and content and is not for the squeamish. Written by Evey Lockhart and published by In Search of Games.

Link?  I didn't see any info on their web site or FB pages.

Allan.

12/11/2017 8:14 am  #120

I have both of those adventures. Metegorgos is definitely adult-themed, but pretty good. I just might have to sign up for this one!

Allan: http://tenfootpole.org/ironspike/?p=3552

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.