!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/14/2017 11:17 am  #61

Re: Gary Con X (2018)

Given the announcement there may be a distinct lack of other AS&SH played on Saturday evening......

“How can I wear the harness of toil
And sweat at the daily round,
While in my soul forever
The drums of Pictdom sound?” 

11/14/2017 11:23 am  #62

mabon5127 wrote:

Given the announcement there may be a distinct lack of other AS&SH played on Saturday evening......

Haha! I suspect those Celebrity D&D seats will go very fast, likely to platinum and diamond badge holders, to be honest, though a few golds may slip in.

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

11/14/2017 11:26 am  #63

Chainsaw wrote:

mabon5127 wrote:

Haha! I suspect those Celebrity D&D seats will go very fast, likely to platinum and diamond badge holders, to be honest, though a few golds may slip in.

I'm tempted to go for it as a Gold, but that means I'd miss out on Foolsgrave!

11/14/2017 11:29 am  #64

I've decided to extend my stay until Monday morning. So, I'm going to be adding a Sunday Hyperborea game from 2-6 and highly likely another 6-10pm. The titles are TBD, although I think 6-10 might be Descent into Krimmea.

I'm still working on finalizing the Hyperborea adventures I'll be running Thurs and Friday. Probably 2-6 or 4-8pm for time slots. Once I finalize them in the next week or so, I'll be posting my updated schedule. 

11/14/2017 11:30 am  #65

Chainsaw wrote:

mabon5127 wrote:

If they open this to spectators I would pay to watch.  I think it would make a great charity event and I hope they video the thing. This may drag away some GM's that would want to see the spectacle.

While in my soul forever

11/14/2017 11:32 am  #66

mabon5127 wrote:

If they open this to spectators I would pay to watch.  I think it would make a great charity event and I hope they video the thing. This may drag away some GM's that would want to see the spectacle.

I got into Mike Mearl's celebrity game last year and there were a number of spectators there. I imagine Luke will allow the same again this year.

11/14/2017 11:35 am  #67

Ar'Pharazon wrote:

I'm tempted to go for it as a Gold, but that means I'd miss out on Foolsgrave!

Flattery will get you everywhere! I sense treasure in your future.

Ar’Pharazon wrote:

I'm still working on finalizing the Hyperborea adventures I'll be running Thurs and Friday. Probably 2-6 or 4-8pm for time slots. Once I finalize them in the next week or so, I'll be posting my updated schedule.

Thanks!

mabon5127 wrote:

Good point!

11/14/2017 12:04 pm  #68

Chainsaw wrote:

Flattery will get you everywhere! I sense treasure in your future.

Yasssss!

11/15/2017 3:32 pm  #69

I'm taking the plunge and running Descent into Krimmea Sunday evening at Gary Con from 6-10 (or later). The system won't let me input a game for later than 3pm so I'll have to run it off grid. I'll need to post it on Gary Con's FB page, forums, here and K&K to get it out there. 
Adventure (and death) shall be had!

11/15/2017 3:39 pm  #70

Ar'Pharazon wrote:

I'm taking the plunge and running Descent into Krimmea Sunday evening at Gary Con from 6-10 (or later). The system won't let me input a game for later than 3pm so I'll have to run it off grid. I'll need to post it on Gary Con's FB page, forums, here and K&K to get it out there. 
Adventure (and death) shall be had!

Awesome! I wish I could stay that extra day. 

11/15/2017 4:13 pm  #71

*Cough* Gary Con XI *Cough*

11/17/2017 3:25 am  #72

I've finally finished submitting!  My Hyperborea games (pending time approval of course!):

Hyperborea:  Too Long in the Midnight Sea - Friday at 2-6 PM
Your party has sailed to a tiny island near the Rapids at the End of the World seeking knowledge from a sage. You arrived to find him murdered and the island rocked by earthquakes. The island contains a mining colony and an eccentric mansion atop its highest point. Can you recover your information? Who killed the sage? Will the island crumble into the sea before your ship returns?  For 6 characters of 5th-7th Level.  (I ran this last year)

Hyperborea:  The Devil Made Us Do it the First Time - Friday at 8-12 pm and Saturday 3-7 pm
Seven years after the sack of a prosperous town a band of former mercenaries has returned in search of a former companion who holds the key to finding a great treasure hidden during the carnage.  For 7 Fighter and Fighter subclass characters of 5th - 7th level.  (this one is new)

I'm also running an AD&D 1st edition adventure on Thursday 4-8 and a Traveller adventure 10 AM -2PM on Saturday.  Hope I can manage to get in some of you all's games!

11/17/2017 7:17 am  #73

Sounds great, man! We have so many cool offerings. I need some clones!

11/17/2017 7:31 am  #74

Chainsaw wrote:

Sounds great, man! We have so many cool offerings. I need some clones!

I agree!

While in my soul forever

11/17/2017 2:18 pm  #75

lige wrote:

Hyperborea:  Too Long in the Midnight Sea

I like the premise of this adventure but I'm all the way in California. Is there anything I could do to get my hands on a copy of this adventure?

11/20/2017 8:36 pm  #76

Brock Savage wrote:

lige wrote:

Hyperborea:  Too Long in the Midnight Sea

I like the premise of this adventure but I'm all the way in California. Is there anything I could do to get my hands on a copy of this adventure?

At this point it's a lot of disjointed notes that I can run as an adventure but I could look at pulling them together in way someone else could understand them too!  PM me.  Also you should consider flying up for GaryCon too if you got the time and budget it's a great convention!

11/22/2017 9:16 am  #77

I should get my submissions sorted out this weekend. Thinking I'll do my usual Thu. and Sun. 12-4.

11/22/2017 9:18 am  #78

Handy Haversack wrote:

I should get my submissions sorted out this weekend. Thinking I'll do my usual Thu. and Sun. 12-4.

Nice! You always run good games, man.

11/22/2017 9:34 am  #79

Handy Haversack wrote:

The unfortunate side effect of running at Gary Con is missing playing at the table with some of the best Ref's in the biz. 
For me its a learning experience to improve my own skills, bringing some of those practices back to my home group or to other conventions. 

Selling some product to keep Northwind thriving  is a selfish side effect, to keep my source of fun and creativity alive for many years to come!    

While in my soul forever

11/22/2017 10:26 am  #80

Chainsaw wrote:

Handy Haversack wrote:

Nice! You always run good games, man.

Praise from Caesar! Thanks, Chainsaw.

mabon5127 wrote:

The unfortunate side effect of running at Gary Con is missing playing at the table with some of the best Ref's in the biz. 
For me its a learning experience to improve my own skills, bringing some of those practices back to my home group or to other conventions.

Be warned, my friend. The Brooklyn crew has decided to register for one of your games en masse again. Everyone's pretty psyched!

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.