!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/30/2017 3:09 pm  #61

Re: Second Edition AS&SH Hardbacks Have Arrived!

Congratulations bat!  Unfortunately lucky number 565 still seems forever away...

Intricate Entity: Formless faceless and free

10/30/2017 3:42 pm  #62

foxroe wrote:

Man, I hope you've got some help with the shipments, Jeff. I can't imagine putting all of this together and then filling what's probably well in to the quadruple digits worth of orders all by myself... yikes! Shoot, if I still lived on the east coast I'd offer to drive up and help. It's got to be overwhelming!

I have a small amount of help from family, but largely the burden falls on my shoulders. I've worked out a system that is efficient, but one never knows when a wrench will be thrown in the middle of the effort, such as a massive power outage here in Southern NH after heavy winds knocked down trees all about. Of course, I have my phone's hotspot to do light internet work. Trust me, I want to get every book into the hands of all the fine folks who supported this effort. Thanks for the kind thoughts, foxroe!

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

10/30/2017 4:07 pm  #63

Have faith, 1970! And be prepared. I thought the mailman was joking as he staggered up with my two books. These are mammoth tomes! Small pets and children would be crushed under the weight of one of these!

10/31/2017 10:42 am  #64

Received my copy (safe and sound) yesterday (#143) ... didn't get to open the box myself though.... the wife thought her new boots had arrived   ... because, you know, heavy large box (lol!) ... She was quite surprised to find a arcane tome instead (her comment to me "geez, that's a big book!") ... I already posted this pic on the G+ page, but here again is my game bag, packed and ready to roll! .... Thank Jeff! The book is everything (and more!) that I'd hoped for.

Last edited by measuredrums (10/31/2017 10:42 am)

10/31/2017 10:50 am  #65

That looks like a good way to throw your back out, measuredrums.

10/31/2017 12:25 pm  #66

That's an awesome pic measuredrums!  I love seeing stuff like that.  Still, I have to agree with bat: you're in hernia country there if you're not careful.  Remember to lift with your legs!

10/31/2017 4:17 pm  #67

Very nice, measuredrums!

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

11/01/2017 6:56 am  #68

Got mine-backer #151. Totally awesome! This tome is large. Now waiting eagerly for my canvas map.   

11/01/2017 7:05 am  #69

Agricola wrote:

Got mine-backer #151. Totally awesome! This tome is large. Now waiting eagerly for my canvas map.   

Good stuff! Mine came a few days later.

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

11/01/2017 9:47 am  #70

I've had mine for a week or so now. Love it. Can't stop flipping through its juicy goodness. Can't wait to wow my players when they see it!

11/02/2017 7:43 am  #71

Really liking this. The built in bookmarks are a nice touch. Quality product all the way.  

11/02/2017 11:35 am  #72

Came in and shoved everything else off of the table. I thought it was going to be a digest sized hardback. I have no idea why I thought that, except for my own ignorance. Got them in the mail, and was very impressed by the size. Extraordinarily impressed with the graphic design! Wow!

Thanks,
VR/Scott

11/05/2017 8:05 am  #73

The Mighty Tome arrived on these shores last week and was hastened without delay to my abode. Truly, a gorgeous book. The lay-out and writing are top notch. I look forward to perusing it's pages.

Cheers Jeff!  #229

11/08/2017 5:25 pm  #74

Jeff, can you tell us where you are in the order of shipping backer copies?

11/08/2017 6:06 pm  #75

tomas wrote:

Jeff, can you tell us where you are in the order of shipping backer copies?

Tomas -- More than halfway, Tomas. I looked at your order, and I would estimate being about 7-10 days away from sending yours. Cheers!

All -- Thank you for the kind words in this thread! I'm reading them all, but I've been remiss in responding. I do appreciate the posts! Thank you, kind fellows.

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

11/09/2017 9:46 am  #76

Aw nuts. I was hoping to have it in hand when I left for the family vacation.

Just goes to show you how much I can't wait to have the final book! I showed my kid the pdf and he's excited to read the book as well and try playing in Hyperborea. You've got a future customer in him.

11/09/2017 10:45 am  #77

tomas wrote:

Aw nuts. I was hoping to have it in hand when I left for the family vacation.

Just goes to show you how much I can't wait to have the final book! I showed my kid the pdf and he's excited to read the book as well and try playing in Hyperborea. You've got a future customer in him.

Raising 'um right!!

“How can I wear the harness of toil
And sweat at the daily round,
While in my soul forever
The drums of Pictdom sound?” 

11/13/2017 12:46 pm  #78

Got mine at the end of last week - it looks great!  I've been having fun reading though it.

11/13/2017 8:17 pm  #79

Got my confirmation e-mail today!  Lucky number 565 is on its way!  Time to get back to my Gal Hills campaign.

11/13/2017 11:43 pm  #80

I received my book today. Congratulations are in order for you Jeff. It has been a long time since I first played your system at FalCon in 2010. The work you have done to get from there to here is phenomenal. Congratulations on an amazing product.

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.