!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/16/2017 8:05 am  #1

Rich's Wishlist

AKA: I'm probably asking too much.

....but you can always say no.

Since the PDF is locked up and I can't do it myself, would you consider breaking up the book into the 6 volumes and making them available individually on dtrpg/rpgnow, alongside the whole book PDF?  Loading and browsing that 600 page behemoth with all the art, consumes a huge amount of resources on tablets.  Being able to load up just the single volume I need, would help that out immensely. 

10/16/2017 7:32 pm  #2

Re: Rich's Wishlist

I'll second that. Even if it could be split into a players' manual and a referee guide it would be a boon to slower hardware. Plus I could always just point folks to the players' PDF if they don't feel like spending the full $70.

"I, Satampra Zeiros of Uzuldaroum, shall write with my left hand, since I have no longer any other, the tale of everything that befell Tirouv Ompallios and myself in the shrine of the god Tsathoggua..."

10/17/2017 4:08 am  #3

At one point Jeff discussed a follow-on phase of a "Player's Manual", so don't despair. But I third the idea, if not the immediate implementation.

"It is all very well to point out that the man lacks facility; as he asserts, sheer force can overpower sophistication."
Jack Vance, Rhialto the Marvellous

10/17/2017 5:41 am  #4

Let me be clear: I'm not advocating Jeff sell the volumes individually.  I'm asking that for those of us who have purchased it the whole book, to have the 6 individual files available as downloads alongside the single file of the book.

10/17/2017 11:02 am  #5

francisca wrote:

Let me be clear: I'm not advocating Jeff sell the volumes individually.  I'm asking that for those of us who have purchased it the whole book, to have the 6 individual files available as downloads alongside the single file of the book.

Ah, copy: yes, that would be nice too. 

"It is all very well to point out that the man lacks facility; as he asserts, sheer force can overpower sophistication."
Jack Vance, Rhialto the Marvellous

10/17/2017 5:11 pm  #6

foxroe wrote:

I'll second that. Even if it could be split into a players' manual and a referee guide it would be a boon to slower hardware. Plus I could always just point folks to the players' PDF if they don't feel like spending the full $70.

Put me down for requesting a separate 2nd edition Player's manual as well, I in turn would recommend players in my upcoming post-holiday campaign purchase it. 

10/17/2017 5:43 pm  #7

foxroe wrote:

The complete pdf is only $19 (currently on sale for $13.11). I can understand the loading speed issue, because my tablet is the same way, but the pdf is almost ridiculously cheap for what you get.
I could suggest a couple workarounds for this, but every time I try to "help" somebody does something detrimental to Jeff's IP. So I'm going to sit this one out.

Michael Sipe 1979-2018
Rest in peace, brother.

10/18/2017 5:25 am  #8

I did not want to say anything either. But what I do is copy the stuff I need onto a file and make it into a PDF. I know this is time consuming, but remember how it will be for Jeff.

Question: Can you not copy stuff from PDF francisca? As you stated file was locked...

I copy useful items, saving throw charts, thief's skills, Character Classes, equipment, turning abilities, etc. onto separate file, then make a PDF of it. So if I need to create a Fighter (true I did mention in another post I thought 2E was way too bulky, it is slow on my older computer, but still functional, and on my laptop it does go fast but search is still a little inconvenient, if one is constantly doing it) I just open a 1 page file; easy and quick. Granted I not have a job, so I have a lot more time (but I have plenty of other things to do), but in the end, it would take only a few hours of work to group a lot of useful stuff into a fodder and make life easier for yourselves.

10/23/2017 8:01 am  #9

The request is not unreasonable, but it's extra work that I don't have time for at the moment. I will be happy to look into it when the dust clears, though. Fulfillment of physical product remains my primary objective, as I'm sure you can appreciate. Cheers!

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

10/23/2017 7:05 pm  #10

Ghul wrote:

The request is not unreasonable, but it's extra work that I don't have time for at the moment. I will be happy to look into it when the dust clears, though. Fulfillment of physical product remains my primary objective, as I'm sure you can appreciate. Cheers!

Absolutely.

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.