Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Being the Official Discussion Forum for Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea™


Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!




You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/04/2017 3:30 am  #1


Map Errors:

Hate to be the nemesis that points out people's flaws and errors, but I noticed a few things concerning maps!

1) New Main Map: Broken Coast is broken, two small islands are missing from it's north (well not actually north, since you know what I mean! ).

2) Brigand's Bay, in what I now call the Twin Rivers (at it's north), part of it is missing. it separates and becomes two rivers and..., well you get the rest. (Truly I just want to know if this is intentional, I believe it is an error, but I prefer to ask).

3) 2E AS&SH Swampgate region map; if copied and pasted is pushed inward crushing map; so any effort to stretch map blurs it and ruins it.

4) This affect from No. 3, also applies to Lemurian map, main island (from Fane), it also appears crushed; and blur when attempting to fix.

Any chance of getting these two maps sent to me via E-mail, I am sure others might want them also, but it not a problem many might see, it just I enjoy maps and adding stuff to them or basically I can borrow symbols to make my own maps which is my main reason?



 

 

10/04/2017 8:31 am  #2


Re: Map Errors:

With respect to 3 and 4, have you tried taking screenshots and opening the result in a program like Paint? That's what I usually do. You should be able to get the same quality as what you see on your screen (if the map won't fit on one screen, you may have to take multiple screen shots and piece them together).


"The fear of death, its risk each time, is one of the most stimulating parts of the game. It therefore behooves the referee to include as many mystifying and dangerous areas as is consistent with a reasonable chance for survival." - J. Eric Holmes
 

10/04/2017 6:39 pm  #3


Re: Map Errors:

Eh, what key button would I press for that Blackadder, I will try though if I can!

Edit: Yeah, was a bit tired there, was late in Scotland near 1 in morning and my eyes were aching, yes; print screen.

Thanks, that worked, never used it before, nor had to, but nice tool, for future!

Cheers

Last edited by Caveman (10/05/2017 5:15 am)

     Thread Starter
 

10/05/2017 8:22 am  #4


Re: Map Errors:

You're welcome. http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/happy.png


"The fear of death, its risk each time, is one of the most stimulating parts of the game. It therefore behooves the referee to include as many mystifying and dangerous areas as is consistent with a reasonable chance for survival." - J. Eric Holmes
 

10/05/2017 10:25 am  #5


Re: Map Errors:

BA

Well I would not normally do this as it some person's business (Jeff), but I see you are most graciously free with many great pictures on this forum; and it did take me about 3 hours to sort; as it is the coping pasting cutting and joining (even removing my name on Swampgate as it printed on every page) and it will save others time if they can get it here without such work; but I will not be doing it future unless it is really important.

Swampgate:

Lemuria:


 

Last edited by Caveman (10/05/2017 10:26 am)

     Thread Starter
 

10/05/2017 11:45 am  #6


Re: Map Errors:

Caveman wrote:

Hate to be the nemesis that points out people's flaws and errors, but I noticed a few things concerning maps!

1) New Main Map: Broken Coast is broken, two small islands are missing from it's north (well not actually north, since you know what I mean! ).

A minor oversight, indeed.

2) Brigand's Bay, in what I now call the Twin Rivers (at it's north), part of it is missing. it separates and becomes two rivers and..., well you get the rest. (Truly I just want to know if this is intentional, I believe it is an error, but I prefer to ask).

By intent. It wasn't making a lot of sense to us.

3) 2E AS&SH Swampgate region map; if copied and pasted is pushed inward crushing map; so any effort to stretch map blurs it and ruins it.

4) This affect from No. 3, also applies to Lemurian map, main island (from Fane), it also appears crushed; and blur when attempting to fix.

Any chance of getting these two maps sent to me via E-mail, I am sure others might want them also, but it not a problem many might see, it just I enjoy maps and adding stuff to them or basically I can borrow symbols to make my own maps which is my main reason?
 

I'm sorry, but I can't manage these kinds of requests at this juncture. It's more complicated than you realize, and requires me going into indesign files and making changes that will absorb hours of my time. I simply don't have the hours to accommodate this sort of thing. My apologies.
 


Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea - A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Fantasy
 

10/05/2017 11:55 am  #7


Re: Map Errors:

Caveman wrote:

BA

Well I would not normally do this as it some person's business (Jeff), <snip>


 

Yes, I'm not crazy about North Wind Adventures materials being copied and shared and distributed without my written permission. It cuts into my business, which (if it runs rampant) can prove harmful to the longevity of North Wind. If it is something that I have already shared or posted (being my prerogative), then it's fine. But to pull stuff on your own and post it to the world is not something that I like to see. One map or one picture is not going to ruin me, but if the floodgates open, it could prove disastrous. You can keep them up if you like, but please ask in the future. 

Cheers,
Jeff Talanian
 


Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea - A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Fantasy
 

10/05/2017 3:49 pm  #8


Re: Map Errors:

Maybe those two islands sank! http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/cute.png


"The fear of death, its risk each time, is one of the most stimulating parts of the game. It therefore behooves the referee to include as many mystifying and dangerous areas as is consistent with a reasonable chance for survival." - J. Eric Holmes
 

10/06/2017 7:41 am  #9


Re: Map Errors:

Ghul wrote:

Caveman wrote:

Hate to be the nemesis that points out people's flaws and errors, but I noticed a few things concerning maps!

1) New Main Map: Broken Coast is broken, two small islands are missing from it's north (well not actually north, since you know what I mean! ).

A minor oversight, indeed.

2) Brigand's Bay, in what I now call the Twin Rivers (at it's north), part of it is missing. it separates and becomes two rivers and..., well you get the rest. (Truly I just want to know if this is intentional, I believe it is an error, but I prefer to ask).

By intent. It wasn't making a lot of sense to us.

3) 2E AS&SH Swampgate region map; if copied and pasted is pushed inward crushing map; so any effort to stretch map blurs it and ruins it.

4) This affect from No. 3, also applies to Lemurian map, main island (from Fane), it also appears crushed; and blur when attempting to fix.

Any chance of getting these two maps sent to me via E-mail, I am sure others might want them also, but it not a problem many might see, it just I enjoy maps and adding stuff to them or basically I can borrow symbols to make my own maps which is my main reason?
 

I'm sorry, but I can't manage these kinds of requests at this juncture. It's more complicated than you realize, and requires me going into indesign files and making changes that will absorb hours of my time. I simply don't have the hours to accommodate this sort of thing. My apologies.
 

Okay, islands Errors...

Ah, river, hmm, it is just the way it is, but in my dimension, they still exist! Things not making any sense in Hyperborea; hmm let me think about that!

(About receiving maps) No problem Jeff, I can believe you must be extremely tired after such a big project and truly mean that, because it is truly a headache, so GETS some rest!

And last but not least; yes sure (as stated would never do it normally), been doing some other things and was preparing to ask you for permission by PM, but will do closer to the date.
      There is a few things on Bing images, but nothing hopefully to extreme, but what can you do?

BA: I blame Khalk-Xu...

 

     Thread Starter
 

Board footera

“Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea”, “AS&SH”, and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ©2017 North Wind Adventures, LLC.