Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Being the Official Discussion Forum for Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea™

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/22/2017 12:18 pm  #41

Re: What board games are you playing?

The Thunderbirds Cooperative Board Game is a hell of a lot of fun.  It captures the ambiance of the old puppet TV show very well.  It is also very challenging to play.  Good stuff!

8/03/2017 11:54 am  #42

I finally put the CONAN strategy board game through its paces last weekend. Very good! Once you get the main mechanic down, gameplay is pretty smooth. It's definitely a strategy game. I think the "Overlord" (basically, the DM: monsters and bad guys) is at a slight advantage in every scenario so the players really need to strategerize to counteract that. As it should be. Good tactical sense is a must.

Ms. Haversack and I also had a rousing game of Moby-d***; or, The Card Game last weekend. That's a good one.

8/03/2017 11:58 am  #43

Handy Haversack wrote:

Ms. Haversack and I also had a rousing game of Moby-d***; or, The Card Game last weekend. That's a good one.

You know, Melville never had to deal with this level of censorship.

8/18/2017 9:44 pm  #44

The Monolith Conan board game is the big hit right now. I should be receiving the Stygia expansion this week.
Also playing a lot of Federation Commander. (Streamlined Star Fleet Battles)

"But not all men seek rest and peace; some are born with the spirit of the storm in their blood" -REH
Rambling Conan Blog

8/18/2017 10:12 pm  #45

Handy Haversack wrote:

I haven't played that yet, but picked up a copy from the publisher just after the KS fulfilled.  I'm glad to hear that it's good!  (Had I moved into acaedmia, I would have done my dissertation on Melville or HPL, and probably the former...). 

Allan.

Board footera

“Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea”, “AS&SH”, and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ©2017 North Wind Adventures, LLC.