!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/21/2014 6:03 am  #1

Spell Checking

I mostly use G-Chrome as a browser. For some reason, when I'm posting here, I'm not seeing a red line appear under misspelled words. It works elsewhere. So, if I want to check my spelling when posting here, I have to do it manually. I go to "edit" and then "spelling and grammar" to check. I'm wondering if this is just me or if others are seeing it, too. 

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

3/21/2014 7:30 am  #2

Re: Spell Checking

Yes, I noticed that there's no auto-check in Firefox. That's why most of my posts have been edited!

3/24/2014 6:08 pm  #3

Nope, mine aren't auto-spellchecked eother *wink*
(Oh, and I use Chromium, for what it's worth.)

Last edited by Ynas Midgard (3/24/2014 6:08 pm)

4/02/2014 11:17 am  #4

Ghul wrote:

I mostly use G-Chrome as a browser. For some reason, when I'm posting here, I'm not seeing a red line appear under misspelled words. It works elsewhere. So, if I want to check my spelling when posting here, I have to do it manually. I go to "edit" and then "spelling and grammar" to check. I'm wondering if this is just me or if others are seeing it, too. 

Just the great spellchecker in my head. I consider my typos and erratic spelling to be both charming and stylish.

4/02/2014 11:29 am  #5

JasonZavoda wrote:

Ghul wrote:

Just the great spellchecker in my head. I consider my typos and erratic spelling to be both charming and stylish.

Ha! I once heard that if you are not sure how to pronounce a word, and you find yourself in the awkward situation in which you have to say the word out loud, just say it extra-loud and bold, so that if you get it wrong, it sounds like you meant to do it! 

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

4/02/2014 3:39 pm  #6

Ghul wrote:

JasonZavoda wrote:

Ghul wrote:

Ha! I once heard that if you are not sure how to pronounce a word, and you find yourself in the awkward situation in which you have to say the word out loud, just say it extra-loud and bold, so that if you get it wrong, it sounds like you meant to do it! 

It reminds me of a joke, now spontaneously translated from Hungarian: A businessman talks to his secretary about an upcoming meeting, "Starting at 2pm, next Wednesday", he says. "Sir" blushes the secretary, "how many E-s are in Wednesday?". The businessman thinks for a few seconds, then says "So, 2pm, next Thursday".

4/02/2014 6:34 pm  #7

Ynas Midgard wrote:

Ghul wrote:

JasonZavoda wrote:

It reminds me of a joke, now spontaneously translated from Hungarian: A businessman talks to his secretary about an upcoming meeting, "Starting at 2pm, next Wednesday", he says. "Sir" blushes the secretary, "how many E-s are in Wednesday?". The businessman thinks for a few seconds, then says "So, 2pm, next Thursday".

Ha! Yoink. I'm stealing that one. Is it OK if they're Hungarian when I tell it? Hmm. No. I can adapt for an American audience. I think a new thread might be in order, though.

4/02/2014 8:32 pm  #8

Handy Haversack wrote:

Ynas Midgard wrote:

Ghul wrote:

Ha! Yoink. I'm stealing that one. Is it OK if they're Hungarian when I tell it? Hmm. No. I can adapt for an American audience. I think a new thread might be in order, though.

My hovercraft is full of eels.

4/02/2014 8:56 pm  #9

JasonZavoda wrote:

Handy Haversack wrote:

Ynas Midgard wrote:

My hovercraft is full of eels.

Mea navis volitans anguillis plena est.

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.