!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/26/2017 6:49 pm  #1

Cool spots for an adventure in Hyperborea?

What strikes you as a cool spot for an adventure in Hyperborea? I ask partly I'm starting to think of some ideas for a new adventure to run at Gary Con, NTRPG Con and GameHole in 2018 and partly because it's always interesting to hear which elements of the setting stand out to everyone. 

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

4/26/2017 7:24 pm  #2

Re: Cool spots for an adventure in Hyperborea?

Orcust or any of the smaller islands are always fun to play with. For a convention I would probably go for an island/shipwreck scenario like I did with the Conan RPG (d20 version). I still have my scenario somewhere I think.  

4/27/2017 6:51 am  #3

Boneguard wrote:

Orcust or any of the smaller islands are always fun to play with.

Good idea! Alus Mercury's volanic ruins would also be cool.

Boneguard wrote:

For a convention I would probably go for an island/shipwreck scenario

Those work well, I agree. My Strange Tale of Crystal Point adventure takes place on an island in the Crab Archipelago. 

4/27/2017 12:05 pm  #4

Ghul recently posted a Kickstarter update about Sharath which sounds really great!  Reminded me rather of a fantasy version of the Zone from Stalker

​...(Burger Games's Stalker is fantastic BTW - my 'go to' near future/modern environment).

4/27/2017 12:13 pm  #5

Doctor_Rob wrote:

Ghul recently posted a Kickstarter update about Sharath which sounds really great!

No kidding! That definitely caught my eye and made my short list. Sholtis' art seemed to fit the text perfectly and I wanted to do something there immediately after reading that update.

Doctor_Rob wrote:

Reminded me rather of a fantasy version of the Zone from Stalker

​...(Burger Games's Stalker is fantastic BTW - my 'go to' near future/modern environment).

I will have to check that out, as I'm not familiar with it.

4/27/2017 12:23 pm  #6

Its hard to beat Khromarium with its jaded city environs juxtaposed to haunted old city goodness! 

Most of my adventures have taken place in the Fields of Vol and the Lug Wasteland.  Some Stonebrook mysteries and a trip to the surface of Phobos. The Plain of Leng for its harsh elemental cold and of course Yetis. A few adventures in the Gal Hills as well.  Lots of areas to cover so little time.

“How can I wear the harness of toil
And sweat at the daily round,
While in my soul forever
The drums of Pictdom sound?” 

4/27/2017 3:23 pm  #7

I'm' currently working on a build for Krimmea amongst places for my upcoming campaign. 

4/27/2017 4:16 pm  #8

I need to put some more work into Stonebrook and the Lost Patrol in the Lug Wasteland. Nothing like stumbling upon a WW2 Army Ranger patrol armed with all sorts of goodies. Of course, some of the first you run into are zombies in an APC-like vehicle.

Thing about zombies and 1st level pc's is that you really, really need to have at least 1 monk in the party. Otherwise zombie bites are down right awful for low level parties.

Last edited by gizmomathboy (4/27/2017 8:28 pm)

What? Me worry?

4/27/2017 4:23 pm  #9

gizmomathboy wrote:

I need to put some more work into Stonebrook and the Lost Patrol in the Lug Wasteland. Nothing like stumbling upon a WW2 Army Ranger patrol armed with all sorts of goodies. Of course, some of the first you run into are zombies in an APC-like vehicle.

Thing about zombies and 1st level pc's is that you really, really need to have at least 1 monk in the party. Otherwise zombie bites and down right awful for low level parties.

I love it!

4/28/2017 3:44 pm  #10

There are too many to choose just one.

Michael Sipe 1979-2018
Rest in peace, brother.

4/29/2017 6:48 am  #11

Blackadder23 wrote:

There are too many to choose just one.

True! Still, you have to start somewhere. 

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.