!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/15/2017 9:41 am  #1

Middle Earth Maps

Found a very good ME map from the old MERP game by Peter Fenlon (a noticed name in ME maps creation) and was very pleased with it, even when I started realising it was put together from smaller maps and was slightly damaged and bits missing around the edges, so I fixed it the best I could.

So, for those who just want to have the maps, here is a link...

Main Map: Here:
Mordor: Here:

Last edited by Caveman (4/15/2017 9:44 am)

4/19/2017 10:51 pm  #2

Re: Middle Earth Maps

Cool, thanks!

Just curious, but what's the difference between the #1 ME and #5 ME maps?

Allan.

4/20/2017 7:42 am  #3

Allan,

#5 is a very detailed version of Mordor, containing easterly parts that aren't on the #1 map.

Interestingly, I wonder how the details of the Mordor map pertain to canon. I guess I don't recall there being so many volcanoes nor a Minas Dunluch (sp).

4/20/2017 8:49 am  #4

grodog wrote:

Cool, thanks!

Just curious, but what's the difference between the #1 ME and #5 ME maps?

Allan.

It just me saving a map and restarting in case of crashes, just a precaution as I have lost hours of work, not saving stuff.

4/20/2017 8:57 am  #5

Ar'Pharazon wrote:

Interestingly, I wonder how the details of the Mordor map pertain to canon. I guess I don't recall there being so many volcanoes nor a Minas Dunluch (sp).

I not sure myself, I found another Mordor map and stopped work on my own, so not to confuse things!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/nialldubh/33347249453/in/album-72157673106118511/

4/20/2017 5:23 pm  #6

Have you ever looked at Karen Wynn Fonstad's Atlas of Middle Earth? 

Also, did you ever see the map of the entire continent that Middle Earth belonged to that was published as part of MERP? The continent was ginormous. 

Last edited by Ar'Pharazon (4/20/2017 5:23 pm)

4/20/2017 7:30 pm  #7

Ar'Pharazon wrote:

Have you ever looked at Karen Wynn Fonstad's Atlas of Middle Earth? 

Also, did you ever see the map of the entire continent that Middle Earth belonged to that was published as part of MERP? The continent was ginormous. 

No, I have none of her maps, only a collection by Brain Sibley and John Howe.

Yes, I have managed to download those maps in various styles, they are fantastic work, but as Tolkien did base his world on old earth, they seem vastly different from what it should be, though I enjoy them greatly.

One other reason I did fixed map was to honour Tolkien's work for it is now 100 years since he started writing the Silmarillion in 1917, so I just wanted to give something back for such good works!

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.