photo HYPERBOREATitleLogo_zpsb3d1e44b.jpg

Being the Official Discussion Forum for Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea™

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/08/2017 12:45 am  #21

Re: 63*N:8*W of Kor...or 1 fort; 5 huts; 0 love

WARNING: CONTENTS MIGHT SPOIL!

Local Encounters for traveling from the pass, up the mountain chain, west to the third peak where the sundial fane of Apollo is found.

Every hour of travel or six hours of rest roll 4d6: if no "1"s then no encounter; if one 1 = common; two 1s = uncommon; three or more 1s = rare.

COMMON
01 Ant, giant
02 Ape-man
03 Ape-man
04 Ape-man
05 Bat, normal
06 Bear, black
07 Bear, brown
08 Bee, giant
09 Falcon
10 Lion, mountain
11 Skeleton
12 Snake, viper
13 Tick, giant
14 Toad, giant
15 Weasel, giant
16 Wight
17 Wolf
18 Zombie
19 Goat, giant, cave*
20 Human, adventurer 2d4+2

UNCOMMON
01 Ape, albino
02 Ape, mountain
03 Archæopteryx
04 Bat, giant
05 Bear, cave
06 Bird-man
07 Chimæra
08 Eagle, giant
09 Fomorian
10 Griffin
11 Harpy
12 Lizard, giant, chameleon
13 Manticore
14 Minotaur
15 Pegasus
16 Snow-man, abominable
17 Spider, giant, crab/phase/wolf
18 Troll
19 Wyvern
20 Elder thing

RARE
01 Ape, albino, superior
02 Cyclops
03 Ghost
04 Hippogriff
05 Minotaur, superior
06 Night-gaunt
07 Spore-man
08 Tentacular Horror
09  3rd lvl priest of Apollo, 1st lvl fighter and 1d12+2 0 lvl followers
10 Man of Leng 1 (if encountered already then change to Human, adventurer 2d4+2)

*Goat, giant, cave (Megamyotragus):
No. Encountered: 1d4 (4d4)
Alignment: Neutral
Size: M
Movement: 50
Dexterity: 15
Armor Class: 7
Hit Dice: 3+1
No. of Attacks: 1 (butt)
Damage: 2d4
Saving Throw: 15
Morale: 7
Experience Points: 90
Treasure: -
+2 to hit with butt
if butted - test of dexterity or 1d4 additional damage and prone;
needs but 10' to affect charge for x2 damage, if hit  - extraordinary feat of dexterity or 2d4 additional damage and knocked 10' and prone (if not off the mountainside)

Last edited by Monkeydono (4/13/2017 2:21 am)

...before fatidic silver pools on a auspicious night stood a Hyperborean Xathoqquan priestess; stripping naked like a beast crawling in on all fours in supplication...

4/08/2017 12:46 am  #22

Apollon mountain peak sundial fane
Thousands of worn granite steps (4,732) wind round westerly the mountain leading ever steeper to its summit, the base and the apex terminus of the case of stairs on the north face. With seven gold flecked stairs the accent begins, finding a similar set of seven stairs every several hundred steps (357), eleven more times this pattern repeats (6 total sets are lower then 6 sets higher with a set of golden stairs lacking midway on the south face, a gap of 721 plain grey steps).
http://i67.tinypic.com/5buql4.jpg

Upon attaining the heights facing south, the very pinnacle a sheared granite table 150' in diameter. Dominating the center of the tangential vertex of twelve faded golden circles stabs a translucent white conical spire of unknown material, 7' at the base rising 84'.
Hellenic Greek (Hyperborean nearest dialect) in weathered gold script set in the hewn-smooth stone, betwixt the intersections of gyres, twelve of the thirteen esoteric years (sans the 7th) circuit the middle with Apollo round the outer bands.

http://i66.tinypic.com/2yx0htf.jpg

{I'll key this once my crew checks it out first...}

Last edited by Monkeydono (4/13/2017 2:57 am)

...before fatidic silver pools on a auspicious night stood a Hyperborean Xathoqquan priestess; stripping naked like a beast crawling in on all fours in supplication...

4/08/2017 8:00 pm  #23

Love the cave goat!

4/08/2017 11:44 pm  #24

lige wrote:

Love the cave goat!

Haha! Thanks!!
Forgot I mixed that critter together late last night (even forgot to add it to the other local mountain random encounter chart for (from?) which it was born!) until you mentioned it!

4/13/2017 1:23 am  #25

I believe everything is as ready as it can be for my crew...until we start gaming tomorrow and they decide to trailblaze somewhere I haven't given a spark of thought (as they did last week when midway through the Brittlestone Parapets they about-faced and trekked toward the mountaintop fane, ingrates!)...

ill probably repurpose this post for building upon whatever spring-harebrained goal they'll set themselves on...

4/13/2017 7:45 am  #26

Monkeydono wrote:

I believe everything is as ready as it can be for my crew...until we start gaming tomorrow and they decide to trailblaze somewhere I haven't given a spark of thought (as they did last week when midway through the Brittlestone Parapets they about-faced and trekked toward the mountaintop fane, ingrates!)....

Typical!

Board footera

“Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea”, “AS&SH”, and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ©2016 North Wind Adventures, LLC.