Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Being the Official Discussion Forum for Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea™

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/13/2017 8:13 am  #21

Re: Gaming plans for 2017?

Druvas wrote:

mabon5127 wrote:

Druvas wrote:

Just started my AS&SH campaign. We're 3 sessions in so far.

Sadly, only one small Con on my radar for this year: TridentCon near Baltimore in October, I believe. That's a good one because James Spahn usually attends and runs some WhiteStar. I might run an AS&SH game. And another guy I know runs Stonehell (using C&C) which is a pretty good megadungeon.

2018 should see me return to Garycon though!

Will definitely make it to Trident Con this year and will hopefully bring several of my gaming group.

Sweet! I forget, where do you live? I tried to get some of my regular group to go last year but everyone bailed. It was all good though, had a blast anyway.

Down near Salisbury.  We missed last year as school became a problem.  Will be free of those chains and there in full force!!

“How can I wear the harness of toil
And sweat at the daily round,
While in my soul forever
The drums of Pictdom sound?” 

3/13/2017 8:42 am  #22

Now that I'm done with coaching for good, I'm done being a multi-class Jock/Nerd (a Jerk?), and going full nerd. http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/nerdy.png

For the next week, I'm feverishly working on adventures for Gary Con.  After that I hope to start a weekly AS&SH game with my family (Blackhawk - an AS&SH-shaded Greyhawk game), and also start a megadungeon campaign, which meets once a month for a 8-12 hour session (probably AD&D or a system based on Planet Eris that I crocked up for Gary Con last year).  Would love to get a monthly boardgame/miniatures day in there somewhere, as well.

Beyond that, I'll probably get back into whatever gizmo is running on a bi-weekly face-to-face basis, and maybe get into some online gaming.

Finally, I'll be at Gen Con this year, and will be running an on-grid AS&SH game, and some off-grid stuff as well.

Thinking about trying to make a few other cons, and gamedays as well, like some HMGS-MW events.

3/13/2017 5:08 pm  #23

~Continue my AS&SH campaign (run in my Atlantis setting, not Hyperborea); am taking a break to give one of my player's eldest daughters the DMing reins (she's running Pathfinder, but did a fantastic job with Strange Aeons this past weekend). I'll be back at it when AS&SH 2e materializes
~Run my on-and-off Classic Traveller campaign
~Attend as many local-to-DC metro-mess cons as I can

"An intellect in full control of itself unfortunately must sacrifice that receptivity which distinguishes the primitive mentality. This is an evolutionary step I have, on the whole, been happy to make."
Jack Vance, The Asutra

3/13/2017 5:31 pm  #24

rhialto wrote:

~Continue my AS&SH campaign (run in my Atlantis setting, not Hyperborea); am taking a break to give one of my player's eldest daughters the DMing reins (she's running Pathfinder, but did a fantastic job with Strange Aeons this past weekend). I'll be back at it when AS&SH 2e materializes

Woah, you're in the DC area? Whereabouts?

3/14/2017 8:09 am  #25

Druvas wrote:

rhialto wrote:

Well, notionally: out in Shenandoah, near Winchester.

"An intellect in full control of itself unfortunately must sacrifice that receptivity which distinguishes the primitive mentality. This is an evolutionary step I have, on the whole, been happy to make."
Jack Vance, The Asutra

3/14/2017 8:16 am  #26

rhialto wrote:

Druvas wrote:

rhialto wrote:

Very cool. Sounds like you're an hour-ish away from me. I'm in Gainesville. I love Winchester. Great little city with good restaurants and downtown vibe. If you want to try and put together a game sometime, let me know.

3/14/2017 6:17 pm  #27

Druvas wrote:

rhialto wrote:

Druvas wrote:

Very cool. Sounds like you're an hour-ish away from me. I'm in Gainesville. I love Winchester. Great little city with good restaurants and downtown vibe. If you want to try and put together a game sometime, let me know.

Winchester is nice: not too small, and not too big.

I'd love a chance to play some AS&SH: let's PM off-line and see if we can work something out. 

Jack Vance, The Asutra

Board footera

“Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea”, “AS&SH”, and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ©2017 North Wind Adventures, LLC.