photo HYPERBOREATitleLogo_zpsb3d1e44b.jpg

Being the Official Discussion Forum for Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea™

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/21/2016 12:05 pm  #61

Re: AS&SH Errata

Referee's Manual, page 29, bottom, last sentence has "class VI demon" instead of "daemon".

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

4/21/2016 4:59 pm  #62

Chainsaw wrote:

Referee's Manual, page 29, bottom, last sentence has "class VI demon" instead of "daemon".

Ffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4/21/2016 6:58 pm  #63

Handy Haversack wrote:

Under MAN, WILD BERSERKER, the No. Encountered is 4d10, but Chieftains appear in a 1:50 ratio. I might not be a fancy, big-city DM, but even I know that (4 X 10) < 50. Is this just a subtle dig at the MAN, WILD, BERSERKER political constituency? This ship she sails without a captain!

Ha! Good catch. Those ratios need to be repaired. Thanks!

Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea - A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Fantasy

4/21/2016 6:58 pm  #64

DMPrata wrote:

Chainsaw wrote:

Ffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're slipping, Prata! ;)

Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea - A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Fantasy

10/26/2016 1:57 pm  #65

I started a google document with just the errata from this thread.  I will update it as this thread is updated:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RpLZdWhZ0BF658_xYWSJfTDFM4lM99RPfhfc5dIEIgg/edit?usp=sharing

10/26/2016 8:59 pm  #66

francisca wrote:

I started a google document with just the errata from this thread.  I will update it as this thread is updated:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RpLZdWhZ0BF658_xYWSJfTDFM4lM99RPfhfc5dIEIgg/edit?usp=sharing

Very good! I will cross-reference it with my notes. I believe I noted every item that was actual errata, but who knows, maybe something escaped me, so I appreciate the extra set of eyes!

10/27/2016 6:12 am  #67

I've left out a few things where you clarified your intent, which I already understood in the same manner, but left a few others in which clarified things for me.

10/27/2016 9:04 am  #68

I again want to compliment Dave on the editing job he did on the boxed set, and the relative handful of errors we've found.  I was recently rereading the Forgotten Realms grey box for the first time since 1990, and the experience was ghastly.  Typos on every page.  Editing at TSR really went in the toilet when Gary left.

Last edited by Blackadder23 (10/27/2016 9:05 am)

"The fear of death, its risk each time, is one of the most stimulating parts of the game. It therefore behooves the referee to include as many mystifying and dangerous areas as is consistent with a reasonable chance for survival." - J. Eric Holmes

10/27/2016 11:37 am  #69

Blackadder23 wrote:

I again want to compliment Dave on the editing job he did on the boxed set, and the relative handful of errors we've found.  I was recently rereading the Forgotten Realms grey box for the first time since 1990, and the experience was ghastly.  Typos on every page.  Editing at TSR really went in the toilet when Gary left.

Ditto!

"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens,"

12/12/2016 10:08 am  #70

Bestiary, page 8, under Ape-Man:

"These ape-men can read and write, found weapons and tools of iron and steel......"

I believe "found" should be "forge".

Last edited by francisca (12/12/2016 10:11 am)

12/12/2016 10:37 am  #71

Good catch! Founding is melting.

12/12/2016 7:21 pm  #72

Glad top be of service!

2/27/2017 2:27 pm  #73

Not really a mistake but maybe a symbol next to the whip, morning star, lance, and dagger on the melee weapon table would be nice to indicate that their description contains extra mechanical information (grappling details, way to sprinkle holy water, increased damage from heavy horses, and the availability of silver dagger, to be specific).

3/28/2017 10:41 am  #74

I was just reading through the monster section again, and I noticed something that hadn't really registered before (maybe because I'm not used to medusae having wings).  Are gorgons and greater gorgons supposed to be able to fly?  I ask because neither one of them has a flight speed listed...

"The fear of death, its risk each time, is one of the most stimulating parts of the game. It therefore behooves the referee to include as many mystifying and dangerous areas as is consistent with a reasonable chance for survival." - J. Eric Holmes

Yesterday 5:49 am  #75

David, please email me about these last two entries; they are worth discussing.

Thanks, gents!

Board footera

“Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea”, “AS&SH”, and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ©2016 North Wind Adventures, LLC.