!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/01/2017 7:06 pm  #1

Science Fantasy

Lately I have been taking my campaign in a Wierd Fiction - Science Fantasy direction. I am very pleased to have the tools built into the game. Atlantian Radiation Rifles and Lazer Swords: Alien energy harvesters arriving from distant Yuggoth, Inteligent apes in the free city of Kor. I cant help but see an opportunity to make a Jedi analog from a Magician-warlock, and a Sith analog from a Death Soldier. I dont like to be as on the nose as that; but my players seem to be rejoicing about our persuit of an ancient atlantian treasure vault in search of the fabled lazer swords of a forgotten order of Cosmic War Wizards. I am thinking I am going to half he base charge and nerf the dmg to 2d6 though since the current party is only 3rd level.

"We alone of all mankind, who are sorcerers of high attainment and mastery, may endure the lethal ice-change and become breathers of the airless void, and thus, in the end, be made suitable for the provender of such as Rlim Shaikorth." sounds great unless you know what Provender means.

2/02/2017 8:36 pm  #2

Re: Science Fantasy

Sounds cool. I like the weapon and armor listings in Mutant Future if you haven't seen those. They are in this vein.

I filled my palace with deadly traps so trap admirers will come and visit me

AFS magazine - pulp literature meets old school gaming http://hallsoftizunthane.blogspot.com/

2/02/2017 9:25 pm  #3

Re: Science Fantasy

Master Magician Rennalds wrote:

Lately I have been taking my campaign in a Wierd Fiction - Science Fantasy direction. I am very pleased to have the tools built into the game. Atlantian Radiation Rifles and Lazer Swords: Alien energy harvesters arriving from distant Yuggoth, Inteligent apes in the free city of Kor.

Agreed! These are some of my favorite things as well!

Master Magician Rennalds wrote:

I cant help but see an opportunity to make a Jedi analog from a Magician-warlock, and a Sith analog from a Death Soldier. I dont like to be as on the nose as that; but my players seem to be rejoicing about our persuit of an ancient atlantian treasure vault in search of the fabled lazer swords of a forgotten order of Cosmic War Wizards.

Sounds good, man. I'd kind of imgined Hyperborean paladins being similar to Jedi, but what you say makes sense too!

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.