Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Being the Official Discussion Forum for Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea™


Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!




You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/31/2017 11:48 am  #1


AS&SH Layout Samples!

I have posted layout samples of AS&SH 2E in the latest Kickstarter Update. Enjoy!

http://i66.tinypic.com/14av5g5.jpg


Cheers,
Jeff T.


Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea - A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Fantasy
 

8/31/2017 11:54 am  #2


Re: AS&SH Layout Samples!

I just saw it, and I'm stoked. I think I might go mad by mid-late September :D

 

8/31/2017 11:58 am  #3


Re: AS&SH Layout Samples!

Looks good, Jeff! :D

Allan.

 

8/31/2017 1:14 pm  #4


Re: AS&SH Layout Samples!

The lucky thief increased her dexterity from 17 to 18 during her career. Must be some sort of witchery!

 

8/31/2017 4:48 pm  #5


Re: AS&SH Layout Samples!

Very nice!


Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face
 

8/31/2017 7:01 pm  #6


Re: AS&SH Layout Samples!

Thanks, fellows! Wow, you have eyes like a hawk, Ynas Midgard! ;)


Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea - A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Fantasy
     Thread Starter
 

9/01/2017 1:17 am  #7


Re: AS&SH Layout Samples!

Awesome! Really glad I pre-ordered! Looks great.


"But not all men seek rest and peace; some are born with the spirit of the storm in their blood" -REH
Rambling Conan Blog

 
 

9/01/2017 5:04 am  #8


Re: AS&SH Layout Samples!

This is good, cannot wait.

Actually the picture of the Cryomancer, is one of the question I need to know!

Am I getting this right: 4 extra Subclasses?

Cryomancer (Magician)
Purloiner (Thief)
Huntsman (Fighter)
Runegraver (Priest)

Is there another, or is that it, just the four?
I working at a City Encounter Chart and adding the different Classes as an encounter and obviously, want to add the new subclasses.

Cheers

 

9/01/2017 6:02 am  #9


Re: AS&SH Layout Samples!

The only bit of criticism I have is that the text boxes are slightly too transparent... might be hard to read for some.

Other than that, it's awesome.
Must. Have. Book. Now. http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/stoned.png


"I, Satampra Zeiros of Uzuldaroum, shall write with my left hand, since I have no longer any other, the tale of everything that befell Tirouv Ompallios and myself in the shrine of the god Tsathoggua..."
 

9/01/2017 9:07 am  #10


Re: AS&SH Layout Samples!

Ghul wrote:

Thanks, fellows! Wow, you have eyes like a hawk, Ynas Midgard! ;)

Thanks
It was actually David Prata's work on AS&SH 1E that convinced me editing in fact was super cool, and since then I've been doing it part time (very part time, but still). So, in a way, thank youguys ;)

 

9/01/2017 10:22 am  #11


Re: AS&SH Layout Samples!

Caveman wrote:

This is good, cannot wait.

Actually the picture of the Cryomancer, is one of the question I need to know!

Am I getting this right: 4 extra Subclasses?

Cryomancer (Magician)
Purloiner (Thief)
Huntsman (Fighter)
Runegraver (Priest)

Is there another, or is that it, just the four?
I working at a City Encounter Chart and adding the different Classes as an encounter and obviously, want to add the new subclasses.

Cheers

That is correct, just those four.
 


Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea - A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Fantasy
     Thread Starter
 

9/01/2017 10:23 am  #12


Re: AS&SH Layout Samples!

foxroe wrote:

The only bit of criticism I have is that the text boxes are slightly too transparent... might be hard to read for some.

Other than that, it's awesome.
Must. Have. Book. Now. http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/stoned.png

On the screen, it appears so, but in my test prints (600 dpi laser, HP) this is not the case; in fact the transparency is almost lost. So, I'm curiously waiting to see what the print proof looks like.  
 


Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea - A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Fantasy
     Thread Starter
 

9/01/2017 10:24 am  #13


Re: AS&SH Layout Samples!

Ynas Midgard wrote:

Ghul wrote:

Thanks, fellows! Wow, you have eyes like a hawk, Ynas Midgard! ;)

Thanks
It was actually David Prata's work on AS&SH 1E that convinced me editing in fact was super cool, and since then I've been doing it part time (very part time, but still). So, in a way, thank youguys ;)

That's great! I'm sure that will make Mr. Prata smile. 
 


Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea - A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Fantasy
     Thread Starter
 

9/01/2017 12:28 pm  #14


Re: AS&SH Layout Samples!

Ghul wrote:

Caveman wrote:

This is good, cannot wait.

Actually the picture of the Cryomancer, is one of the question I need to know!

Am I getting this right: 4 extra Subclasses?

Cryomancer (Magician)
Purloiner (Thief)
Huntsman (Fighter)
Runegraver (Priest)

Is there another, or is that it, just the four?
I working at a City Encounter Chart and adding the different Classes as an encounter and obviously, want to add the new subclasses.

Cheers

That is correct, just those four.
 

Cheers Jeff, great!

 

9/01/2017 5:23 pm  #15


Re: AS&SH Layout Samples!

Ghul wrote:

Ynas Midgard wrote:

Thanks
It was actually David Prata's work on AS&SH 1E that convinced me editing in fact was super cool, and since then I've been doing it part time (very part time, but still). So, in a way, thank youguys ;)

That's great! I'm sure that will make Mr. Prata smile. 
 

See? See? I told you I was cool. http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/cool.png

 

9/01/2017 9:44 pm  #16


Re: AS&SH Layout Samples!

Ghul wrote:

foxroe wrote:

The only bit of criticism I have is that the text boxes are slightly too transparent... might be hard to read for some.

Other than that, it's awesome.
Must. Have. Book. Now. http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/stoned.png

On the screen, it appears so, but in my test prints (600 dpi laser, HP) this is not the case; in fact the transparency is almost lost. So, I'm curiously waiting to see what the print proof looks like.  
 

Awesome! http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/cool.png

 


"I, Satampra Zeiros of Uzuldaroum, shall write with my left hand, since I have no longer any other, the tale of everything that befell Tirouv Ompallios and myself in the shrine of the god Tsathoggua..."
 

9/02/2017 3:29 am  #17


Re: AS&SH Layout Samples!

Ghul wrote:

foxroe wrote:

The only bit of criticism I have is that the text boxes are slightly too transparent... might be hard to read for some.

Other than that, it's awesome.
Must. Have. Book. Now. http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/stoned.png

On the screen, it appears so, but in my test prints (600 dpi laser, HP) this is not the case; in fact the transparency is almost lost. So, I'm curiously waiting to see what the print proof looks like.  
 

Ok, good to know.  I tend to print out my PDFs for use at the table, and this sort of issue is an important consideration (very much so for DriveThru stuff; I've seen reveiwers comment on this sort of thing).

Looks good; can't wait until September (616 pages - wow!).

Last edited by Doctor_Rob (9/02/2017 3:31 am)

 

Board footera

“Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea”, “AS&SH”, and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ©2017 North Wind Adventures, LLC.