Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Being the Official Discussion Forum for Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea™


Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!




You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/17/2017 1:32 pm  #41


Re: Gary Con X (2018)

Room reserved, grabbing my badge and flight here soon. Really looking forward to GCX, wish I had the opportunity to attend Gamehole.


Pipes, Pints, and Polyhedrons
“A man practices the art of adventure when he breaks the chain of routine and renews his life through reading new books, traveling to new places, making new friends, taking up new hobbies and adopting new viewpoints” ~  Wilfred Peterson
 

9/19/2017 9:39 am  #42


Re: Gary Con X (2018)

Just submitted, for 10AM Saturday morning:

The less experienced sailors snickered at the captain's nervousness about passing too close to Onja Cot.  The more experienced sailors and worldly passengers understood caution was warranted.  Soon, all would understand why the captain was urgently barking out orders for evasive action when the first sign of war canoes emerged from the fog.  Will you live to tell of your escape from Onja Cot?

 

9/19/2017 10:15 am  #43


Re: Gary Con X (2018)

francisca wrote:

Just submitted, for 10AM Saturday morning:

The less experienced sailors snickered at the captain's nervousness about passing too close to Onja Cot.  The more experienced sailors and worldly passengers understood caution was warranted.  Soon, all would understand why the captain was urgently barking out orders for evasive action when the first sign of war canoes emerged from the fog.  Will you live to tell of your escape from Onja Cot?

Left Saturday open for just such a contingency!  Hope I can get a ticket!
 


“How can I wear the harness of toil
And sweat at the daily round,
While in my soul forever
The drums of Pictdom sound?” 
 

9/23/2017 3:00 pm  #44


Re: Gary Con X (2018)

Events submitted! So, a few changes from before, most notably dropping Death in Every Shadow (as I can already tell it won't be ready by then) and making my Thurs/Fri evening Foolsgrave off-grid games into on-grid games. For all of the on-grid Foolsgrave games, I've requested two rectangular tables that fit ten and officially allowed only six so that I can take extras who don't get in during formal registration (first dibs on those extra slots to Ar'Pharazon, Druvas, francisca, mordegast, capitalbill, who already expressed interest).

Schedule
Weds 8PM-12AM - Foolsgrave (off grid; Ar'Pharazon, capitalbill, Guy Fullerton, Cloak n' Dagger, Josh, EOTB, grodog, tacojohn; full)

Thurs 2PM-6PM - Crash at Corpse Creek
Thurs 8PM-12AM - Foolsgrave

Fri 2PM-6PM - Crash at Corpse Creek
Fri 8PM-12AM - Foolsgrave

Sat 9AM-1PM - Taken from Dunwich
Sat 2PM-6PM - The Strange Tale of Crystal Point
Sat 8PM-12AM - Foolsgrave

Descriptions
Crash at Corpse Creek. A strange object has fallen from the stars, crashing into the cold, haunted swamp of Corpse Creek. Several curious trappers from a nearby camp went to investigate, but none have returned. The remainder have hired your group to find their friends, but they warn you that Corpse Creek teems with the living dead and that its strange bugs have awakened early from their winter freeze, including some giant varieties never seen before in Hyperborea. A site-based adventure for player characters of levels 3-5.

Foolsgrave. Khromarium's mysterious spiraling towers of black gneiss predate mankind, an ever-present reminder of how strange and alien things once ruled Hyperborea. During the Festival of Plutonia, a sombre commemoration of death, darkness and the all-consuming void, one such tower's impenetrable doors slowly creaked open, admitting anyone brave enough to descend into its depths. Many have entered, but few have returned - some with wealth overflowing, others simply mad, drooling and babbling. Locals now refer to the labyrinth as Foolsgrave. A megadungeon crawl for player characters of levels 1-3.

The Strange Tale of Crystal Point. In the far reaches of Hyperborea's Crab Archipelago, lies a small, mountainous island known as Crystal Point. Passing sailors have recently seen a crimson glow in Crystal Point's waters, beams of reddish-brown light shining up from its steep cliffs and frequent lightning storms overhead. One famous sage believes Crystal Point may hide the lost treasure of Atlantis! Eager for adventure and treasure, you agreed to explore the island and, after a long journey, have finally set foot on its rocky beach. A site-based adventure for player characters of levels 7-9.

Taken from Dunwich. Murder, mayhem, and abduction! After the Keltic village of Dunwich is victimized by the vhuurmis, degenerate quasi-men covered in umber-coloured fur, local druids offer land and title to those brave souls who would repair the situation. The vhuurmis are considered witless savages, seemingly incapable of organized incursions, but these particular brutes attacked with purpose and precision, taking men from Dunwich, and slaying any who opposed their black will. A site-based adventure for player characters of levels 4-7.


Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face
     Thread Starter
 

10/30/2017 11:44 am  #45


Re: Gary Con X (2018)

While I'm running 4 Hyperborea games at Gamehole, I'm only running 1 at Gary Con as I've got some others that I traditionally run that are competition.

Here's my submission:
Sat 2-6pm - Descent into Krimmea:
Krimmea: The lost underground Kimmerian city that sealed itself from the outside world a thousand years ago when the Green Death ravaged the lands.Recently, Krimmeans have emerged from their city, bringing rare metals, fungi and other goods that are prized in the markets of Khromarium.Your party has been commissioned by a wealthy merchant along with Khromarium's most prominent sage, to explore Krimmea, bringing back information, maps and if possible, goods.

Inspired by Chainsaw and his Foolsgrave game, I'm going to make this a living exploration/crawl. 

 

 

10/30/2017 1:33 pm  #46


Re: Gary Con X (2018)

Ar'Pharazon wrote:

Sat 2-6pm - Descent into Krimmea:
Krimmea: The lost underground Kimmerian city that sealed itself from the outside world a thousand years ago when the Green Death ravaged the lands.Recently, Krimmeans have emerged from their city, bringing rare metals, fungi and other goods that are prized in the markets of Khromarium.Your party has been commissioned by a wealthy merchant along with Khromarium's most prominent sage, to explore Krimmea, bringing back information, maps and if possible, goods.

Sounds terrific! I wish I could play!

Ar'Pharazon wrote:

Inspired by Chainsaw and his Foolsgrave game, I'm going to make this a living exploration/crawl. 

 
Nice! Also, if anyone plays in this game Saturday afternoon and wants to carry their PC over into my Saturday evening Foolsgrave game, feel free. 


Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face
     Thread Starter
 

10/30/2017 4:31 pm  #47


Re: Gary Con X (2018)

Chainsaw wrote:

Sounds terrific! I wish I could play!

Hmm.. sounds like we should coordinate our schedules for Gary Con XI. http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/tongue.png


 

 

 

11/02/2017 12:24 pm  #48


Re: Gary Con X (2018)

What's the deadline for submitting games? Anyone know?

 

11/02/2017 7:25 pm  #49


Re: Gary Con X (2018)

Handy Haversack wrote:

What's the deadline for submitting games? Anyone know?

I think I saw Luke post 12/31 on Facebook, but I’m not certain.
 

 

11/02/2017 9:36 pm  #50


Re: Gary Con X (2018)

Thanks, DMP!

 

11/06/2017 3:30 pm  #51


Re: Gary Con X (2018)

Based upon the excellent experience I had Gamehole, I'm going to add at least one Hyperborea game to Gary Con. I'll post when I come up with dates/times. 

 

11/06/2017 4:22 pm  #52


Re: Gary Con X (2018)

Ar'Pharazon wrote:

Based upon the excellent experience I had Gamehole, I'm going to add at least one Hyperborea game to Gary Con. I'll post when I come up with dates/times. 

http://sometimesglam.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/rock.gif

 

11/11/2017 8:13 am  #53


Re: Gary Con X (2018)

As folks are getting events approved, please make sure to post times/descriptions in this thread. I’ll sticky a post that has them all organized in one spot.


Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face
     Thread Starter
 

11/12/2017 6:52 pm  #54


Re: Gary Con X (2018)

Staying at the waterpark lodge! all booked, badge paid for, just waiting on games registration. I will be arriving on Friday by noon (family permitting).

As an aside, I am working on maybe being ready to run an AS&SH game at Garycon XI. (anxiety is creeping in already).


Del Teigeler, Illustrator
mavfire.blogspot.com
mavfire.deviantart.com
 

11/12/2017 7:17 pm  #55


Re: Gary Con X (2018)

mavfire wrote:

Staying at the waterpark lodge! all booked, badge paid for, just waiting on games registration. I will be arriving on Friday by noon (family permitting).

Good stuff!

mavfire wrote:

As an aside, I am working on maybe being ready to run an AS&SH game at Garycon XI. (anxiety is creeping in already).

Awesome, Del! You know, it’s not too late to run something this March, at Gary Con X. Use an existing module, like Charnel Crypt or Dunwich, to take some pressure off. Either of those would be perfect for a four-hour slot.


Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face
     Thread Starter
 

11/12/2017 9:29 pm  #56


Re: Gary Con X (2018)

Chainsaw wrote:

Awesome, Del! You know, it’s not too late to run something this March, at Gary Con X. Use an existing module, like Charnel Crypt or Dunwich, to take some pressure off. Either of those would be perfect for a four-hour slot.

Just make sure it ends in a TPK. Or if Donovan is playing, just kill his character. http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/grin.png

 

11/12/2017 10:19 pm  #57


Re: Gary Con X (2018)

Ar'Pharazon wrote:

Chainsaw wrote:

Awesome, Del! You know, it’s not too late to run something this March, at Gary Con X. Use an existing module, like Charnel Crypt or Dunwich, to take some pressure off. Either of those would be perfect for a four-hour slot.

Just make sure it ends in a TPK. Or if Donovan is playing, just kill his character. http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/grin.png

Ha!


Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face
     Thread Starter
 

11/13/2017 12:17 pm  #58


Re: Gary Con X (2018)

Chainsaw wrote:

As folks are getting events approved, please make sure to post times/descriptions in this thread. I’ll sticky a post that has them all organized in one spot.

Thurs 12pm-4pm and 6pm-10pm Slade's Cup:  A cup, broken at a convocation of demon princes, is the only remnant of their non-aggression pact. Each of the princes took a shard as a reminder leaving only one on the floor of Slade’s Hostelry. The aging reaver would begin a most arduous pursuit. Over the centuries the cup has been reassembled by Slade and his heirs that followed. The heroes must retrieve the final piece.

Friday 12pm-4pm and 6pm-10pm Unearned Shame:  The remaining Cataphract of the Shadow Wing must prove their innocence against charges of cowardice when a young noble leading them is killed in a disastrous battle.

Thanks for organizing this!!
 


“How can I wear the harness of toil
And sweat at the daily round,
While in my soul forever
The drums of Pictdom sound?” 
 

11/13/2017 9:26 pm  #59


Re: Gary Con X (2018)

mabon5127 wrote:

Thanks for organizing this!!

Happy to help, man. I’ve created the first iteration just now.


Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face
     Thread Starter
 

11/14/2017 9:45 am  #60


Re: Gary Con X (2018)

Updated my schedule slightly - shifted my Friday Corpse Creek game and my Saturday Crystal Point game to 2PM-6PM (from 12PM-4PM), added Jeff’s classic Taken from Dunwich at Saturday 9AM-1PM.


Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face
     Thread Starter
 

Board footera

“Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea”, “AS&SH”, and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ©2017 North Wind Adventures, LLC.