Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Being the Official Discussion Forum for Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea™


Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/08/2018 1:51 am  #401


Re: Introduction Thread

Welcome fellow gamer dad! Oh man, you are in for a treat with that book, and the community around this game that is growing by the day.


"Role-playing isn't storytelling. If the dungeon master is directing it, it's not a game."  ~ Gary Gygax
 

2/08/2018 8:37 am  #402


Re: Introduction Thread

Kradonus wrote:

Hi everyone! 

Just ordered the book after doing some research and cant wait to get it! Missed the kick starter due to life (small children) but want to get back into role playing.  Played 1rs and 2nd ed back in the day.  I am in a black hole of gaming it seems so Ill either have to form my own group or find something on line.



 

Hi Kradonus and welcome to the forums! It's a great game, a great setting and I'm sure you'll have loads of fun with it. http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/happy.png

 

 

2/08/2018 9:20 am  #403


Re: Introduction Thread

Kradonus wrote:

Hi everyone! 

Just ordered the book after doing some research and cant wait to get it! Missed the kick starter due to life (small children) but want to get back into role playing.  Played 1rs and 2nd ed back in the day.  I am in a black hole of gaming it seems so Ill either have to form my own group or find something on line. 

Welcome to Hyperborea, Kradonus!
Check out The Tavern board here to see if there's anyone near you: http://hyperborea.boardhost.com/viewforum.php?id=23
And there's an AS&SH G+ Community where you could possibly find folks looking to play over Hangouts.

 

 

2/08/2018 12:08 pm  #404


Re: Introduction Thread

Welcome Kradonus!!
--Ron--


"No interruptions! I am El Jefe!"
& Magazine Filling in the gaps for old school gamers. 
 

2/08/2018 12:23 pm  #405


Re: Introduction Thread

Welcome!


Del Teigeler, Illustrator
mavfire.blogspot.com
mavfire.deviantart.com
 

2/09/2018 11:34 am  #406


Re: Introduction Thread

Hi All,
My name is Bob, Or Sausage as my close longtime friends call me. I'm 50 years old and have been playing since I was around 9 (41, years, Started with Original and within a year moved on to D&D Basic). I played with all my friends that I grew up with, finally getting with Jeff in our teens. I've played many different systems, even working on some combat systems that I eventually dumped due to complexity (think Rolemaster and double it).
I ran some Call of Cthulhu, introducing Jeff to it, and clearly, it made an impression LOL. I joined back up with Jeff and the group for a couple years, towards the end of the playtesting and writing for Gary G.(RIP). When I heard Jeff came out with his own system, I was very happy, After reading it through found that it was what I have looked for in a system. Adding in the fact that the world was only "mostly" developed, gave me the ability to make some of my own areas, places that players would "discover". I've created a Module that I'm running at TotalCon 32 called Raiders!!! and hope some of you coming to the con will come play with me.
I love the latest Edition, it's a great piece of work, Congratz Jeff...

Bob

Last edited by BlackKnight (2/09/2018 11:35 am)


-- 
BlackKnight, AKA Sausage
Been playing Tabletop games for 40+ years...
 

2/09/2018 11:56 am  #407


Re: Introduction Thread

BlackKnight wrote:

Hi All,
My name is Bob, Or Sausage as my close longtime friends call me. I'm 50 years old and have been playing since I was around 9 (41, years, Started with Original and within a year moved on to D&D Basic). I played with all my friends that I grew up with, finally getting with Jeff in our teens. I've played many different systems, even working on some combat systems that I eventually dumped due to complexity (think Rolemaster and double it).
I ran some Call of Cthulhu, introducing Jeff to it, and clearly, it made an impression LOL. I joined back up with Jeff and the group for a couple years, towards the end of the playtesting and writing for Gary G.(RIP). When I heard Jeff came out with his own system, I was very happy, After reading it through found that it was what I have looked for in a system. Adding in the fact that the world was only "mostly" developed, gave me the ability to make some of my own areas, places that players would "discover". I've created a Module that I'm running at TotalCon 32 called Raiders!!! and hope some of you coming to the con will come play with me.
I love the latest Edition, it's a great piece of work, Congratz Jeff...

Bob

Great backstory Bob!!
Welcome!


“How can I wear the harness of toil
And sweat at the daily round,
While in my soul forever
The drums of Pictdom sound?” 
 

2/09/2018 12:06 pm  #408


Re: Introduction Thread

mabon5127 wrote:

Great backstory Bob!!
Welcome!

Thanks...


-- 
BlackKnight, AKA Sausage
Been playing Tabletop games for 40+ years...
 

2/09/2018 12:14 pm  #409


Re: Introduction Thread

BlackKnight wrote:

mabon5127 wrote:

Great backstory Bob!!
Welcome!

Thanks...

Wait is this Bob the pict? Played in my Hyperborean game at Gary Con?

Morgan


“How can I wear the harness of toil
And sweat at the daily round,
While in my soul forever
The drums of Pictdom sound?” 
 

2/09/2018 12:48 pm  #410


Re: Introduction Thread

mabon5127 wrote:

BlackKnight wrote:

mabon5127 wrote:

Great backstory Bob!!
Welcome!

Thanks...

Wait is this Bob the pict? Played in my Hyperborean game at Gary Con?

Morgan

Unfortunately I've never been to GaryCon... so that would be a no. My wife would litterally cut my stuff off if I told her, "Hey Honey I wanted to take an extended weekend and travel to play Roleplaying games". She would NOT understand...

Only been to Local (New england) Cons and games...

Last edited by BlackKnight (2/09/2018 12:49 pm)


-- 
BlackKnight, AKA Sausage
Been playing Tabletop games for 40+ years...
 

2/09/2018 4:11 pm  #411


Re: Introduction Thread

We called him Bobby Sausage, because when we would game back in the 80s he used to order a large sausage pizza and eat the whole thing all by himself -- washed down with a 2-liter bottle of Jolt Cola, of course. The good old days! It's true, Bob introduced me to the Call of Cthulhu RPG back in the day, and even though we played it briefly before going back to AD&D, it piqued my interest and got me into HPL. Welcome aboard, Sausage! ;)


Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea - A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Fantasy
     Thread Starter
 

2/10/2018 11:25 am  #412


Re: Introduction Thread

Welcome Bob! How is it playing with el Jefe for all these years? :D
Well met sir!
--Ron--


"No interruptions! I am El Jefe!"
& Magazine Filling in the gaps for old school gamers. 
 

2/27/2018 9:40 am  #413


Re: Introduction Thread

Heya!

I'm Terry.  I've been playing RPGs since I was introduced to the D&D red box basic set back in 1981.  Over the years I've played lots of RPG systems/genres and like to bring bits and pieces from those systems into whichever I'm currently running. 

I first played AS&SH with both Jeff and Tim Callan at TotalCon four years ago  and really enjoyed it.  I picked up the PDF to read shortly thereafter, but was heavily involved in an ongoing game in another system and was unable to get it to the table.  I was able to get into an AS&SH game run by Bob (BlackKnight) at TotalCon last week and it rekindled my interest in the system.  I bought the gorgeous new hardback edition and a couple of awesome T-shirts from Jeff on the last day of the con and am really looking forward to diving back in.

 

2/27/2018 9:56 am  #414


Re: Introduction Thread

Demiurge wrote:

Heya!

I'm Terry.  I've been playing RPGs since I was introduced to the D&D red box basic set back in 1981.  Over the years I've played lots of RPG systems/genres and like to bring bits and pieces from those systems into whichever I'm currently running. 

I first played AS&SH with both Jeff and Tim Callan at TotalCon four years ago  and really enjoyed it.  I picked up the PDF to read shortly thereafter, but was heavily involved in an ongoing game in another system and was unable to get it to the table.  I was able to get into an AS&SH game run by Bob (BlackKnight) at TotalCon last week and it rekindled my interest in the system.  I bought the gorgeous new hardback edition and a couple of awesome T-shirts from Jeff on the last day of the con and am really looking forward to diving back in.

Hey Terry, Glad to have you at my table, and happy to help rekindle your interest. Hope you can turn your local game over to it for them to try. ASSH is a great fun system, Jeff did a great job. with both the system and the setting. Hope the local group likes it also...

Bob


-- 
BlackKnight, AKA Sausage
Been playing Tabletop games for 40+ years...
 

3/06/2018 5:47 pm  #415


Re: Introduction Thread

Hello all,
I've been following the board for a few years, so it's time to finally de-lurk and introduce myself!  I'm Paul, or "Paul from Detroit."  I'm 51, and have a background similar to many gamers of my generation who grew up in the midwest -- Mr. Rogers, Heavy Metal, Trapper Keepers, Technopop, Punk, and RPGs.  Of course I played D&D/AD&D, but we also played Call of Cthulhu, Paranoia, and Traveller.   I live with my partner and a pack of dogs in what some would call inner-city Detroit.  I hope to get back into gaming with a regular group someday, but for now I mainly game at conventions.  The two conventions I attend annually are U-Con in Ypsilanti, Michigan and Garycon.  I first played AS&SH with Jeff at Garycon 2014, and have been a fan of AS&SH and North Wind Adventures since.  My impression is that AS&SH has attracted a very good group of players and DMs.  I've played in Hyperborea games DMed by Jeff, Chainsaw, Morgan Hazel, and Eli Elder, and have been impressed with all of them.   More later - see many of you all at Garycon!

 

3/07/2018 4:17 pm  #416


Re: Introduction Thread

Welcome Pburke, 

Most everyone is probably at Garycon by now, I dont arrive til Friday. Welcome to the boards. Good to see more Michiganders playing AS&SH.... I am all the way across the state near Grand Rapids. 


Del Teigeler, Illustrator
mavfire.blogspot.com
mavfire.deviantart.com
 

3/07/2018 4:23 pm  #417


Re: Introduction Thread

Welcome Paul! Great gaming with you, man. 


Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face
 

3/07/2018 7:57 pm  #418


Re: Introduction Thread

Pburke wrote:

Hello all,
I've been following the board for a few years, so it's time to finally de-lurk and introduce myself!  I'm Paul, or "Paul from Detroit."  I'm 51, and have a background similar to many gamers of my generation who grew up in the midwest -- Mr. Rogers, Heavy Metal, Trapper Keepers, Technopop, Punk, and RPGs.  Of course I played D&D/AD&D, but we also played Call of Cthulhu, Paranoia, and Traveller.   I live with my partner and a pack of dogs in what some would call inner-city Detroit.  I hope to get back into gaming with a regular group someday, but for now I mainly game at conventions.  The two conventions I attend annually are U-Con in Ypsilanti, Michigan and Garycon.  I first played AS&SH with Jeff at Garycon 2014, and have been a fan of AS&SH and North Wind Adventures since.  My impression is that AS&SH has attracted a very good group of players and DMs.  I've played in Hyperborea games DMed by Jeff, Chainsaw, Morgan Hazel, and Eli Elder, and have been impressed with all of them.   More later - see many of you all at Garycon!

Welcome Paul!
 


“How can I wear the harness of toil
And sweat at the daily round,
While in my soul forever
The drums of Pictdom sound?” 
 

3/20/2018 11:27 am  #419


Re: Introduction Thread

Chainsaw wrote:

Welcome Paul! Great gaming with you, man.

Great gaming with you too!  Hope you can get out of work for next year's Garycon.
 

Last edited by Pburke (3/20/2018 11:28 am)

 

3/20/2018 11:29 am  #420


Re: Introduction Thread

mabon5127 wrote:

Pburke wrote:

Hello all,
I've been following the board for a few years, so it's time to finally de-lurk and introduce myself!  I'm Paul, or "Paul from Detroit."  I'm 51, and have a background similar to many gamers of my generation who grew up in the midwest -- Mr. Rogers, Heavy Metal, Trapper Keepers, Technopop, Punk, and RPGs.  Of course I played D&D/AD&D, but we also played Call of Cthulhu, Paranoia, and Traveller.   I live with my partner and a pack of dogs in what some would call inner-city Detroit.  I hope to get back into gaming with a regular group someday, but for now I mainly game at conventions.  The two conventions I attend annually are U-Con in Ypsilanti, Michigan and Garycon.  I first played AS&SH with Jeff at Garycon 2014, and have been a fan of AS&SH and North Wind Adventures since.  My impression is that AS&SH has attracted a very good group of players and DMs.  I've played in Hyperborea games DMed by Jeff, Chainsaw, Morgan Hazel, and Eli Elder, and have been impressed with all of them.   More later - see many of you all at Garycon!

Welcome Paul!
 

Thank you!  And Congrats on your daughter's wedding!
 

 

Board footera

“Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea”, “AS&SH”, and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ©2018 North Wind Adventures, LLC.