Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Being the Official Discussion Forum for Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea™

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/15/2017 5:39 pm  #381

Re: Introduction Thread

mavfire wrote:

@M'Koth- "I take the three rubies, and give one to the healer...but the rest of you had better stand back, because I have wasted all of my spells and only have 2 hit points left!" -The warlick looks at the barbarian, who looks at the berserker, and they all shrug together. --- Moments later they sift through the charred remains of the magician, and find the rubies and smirk!

Nothing screams having a set of brass balls like saying that to full HP warriors when your out of spells and your Pyromancer is down to 2hp. 

11/15/2017 5:41 pm  #382

Gunderman wrote:

Hello fellow gamers and Hyperborea enthusiasts! I'm still unwinding after a great weekend at Gamehole Con where I had the chance to play in Chainsaw's Corpse Creek adventure. I played the Hyperborean Magician who found himself slumming with low born Viking and Kimmerian savages. http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/wink.png

I had a blast playing in your game and can't wait to play in Mr. Manowar's upcoming AS&SH campaign with our home group. I backed the Kickstarter and am definitely looking forward to getting that behemoth of a book in my hands!

Cheers!
--Chad--

Welcome aboard Chad! It was awesome to have played with you. You did a bang up job playing that magician. I hope you enjoy Mr. Manowar's campaign. Please post about it once it gets started!

11/17/2017 5:37 pm  #383

Hello Swordsmen & Sorcerers.  Somehow I missed it that this game has its own forums.
I only recently discovered AS&SH with the 2nd edition kickstarter.  I got to play in Chainsaw's Lost Treasure of Atlantis game last NTRPG con and have been obsessively reading the pdf since its release.  I'm actually starting up my first AS&SH campaign this Monday.  We had a session zero to create characters and played a quick skirmish against a few ape-men to introduce the combat a couple weeks ago.  Everyone loved the character class choices and the combat flowed easily, so we're excited for the game.

11/17/2017 5:55 pm  #384

Zach! Welcome aboard, my friend. Great to have you. http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/grin.gif

If you have time and interest, feel free to start a thread in the Campaign forum with summaries, notes or anecdotes from your game. People might not always respond, but I think we all enjoy reading them.

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

11/17/2017 6:33 pm  #385

Congrats on the new campaign!  Welcome!

“How can I wear the harness of toil
And sweat at the daily round,
While in my soul forever
The drums of Pictdom sound?” 

11/18/2017 10:09 pm  #386

Chainsaw wrote:

Zach! Welcome aboard, my friend. Great to have you. http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/grin.gif

Funny thing today, I went to a local game store to join a game of DCC and recognized one of the other players.  Got to talking and realized he was in your game with me at NTRPG (Will, if you remember).  Small world.

11/18/2017 11:43 pm  #387

under_score wrote:

Chainsaw wrote:

Funny thing today, I went to a local game store to join a game of DCC and recognized one of the other players.  Got to talking and realized he was in your game with me at NTRPG (Will, if you remember).  Small world.

Damn, how about that! I do remember Will, actually. When I run convention games, I do my best to try to use everyone’s real names whenever possible (especially during initiative). After four or five hours, they sometimes stick in my stubborn brain.

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

Board footera

“Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea”, “AS&SH”, and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ©2017 North Wind Adventures, LLC.