photo HYPERBOREATitleLogo_zpsb3d1e44b.jpg


Being the Official Discussion Forum for Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea™


Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!




You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/02/2017 11:31 am  #1


Gaming plans for 2017?

What's your outlook for gaming in 2017? Starting a campaign, writing an adventure or attending a convention?


Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face
 

1/02/2017 10:04 pm  #2


Re: Gaming plans for 2017?

I will be starting a new campaign to coincide with the arrival of the new books.  At this point that would be Aug sometime..... The characters will all be in the 7-8th range by then with any luck and may want to try their hand at a new class.  Rather than use Khromarium as the base I may use the area of Brigand's Bay and have a move cut throat type of cast.

I will be running ASSH games at Gary Con, Origins Game Fair, Matinee Con, Trident Con, and Gen Con (HEX Only)

I would love to attempt writing an adventure but not sure I have the self-discipline or writing skills for that!

As I finish school this spring I can then dedicate more time to gaming prep etc. 

 


"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens,"
 

1/03/2017 9:05 am  #3


Re: Gaming plans for 2017?

Chainsaw wrote:

What's your outlook for gaming in 2017?

Not good. http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/cry.png

 


"The fear of death, its risk each time, is one of the most stimulating parts of the game. It therefore behooves the referee to include as many mystifying and dangerous areas as is consistent with a reasonable chance for survival." - J. Eric Holmes
 

1/03/2017 10:30 am  #4


Re: Gaming plans for 2017?

Blackadder23 wrote:

Chainsaw wrote:

What's your outlook for gaming in 2017?

Not good. http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/cry.png

 

That is the saddest statement of the new year.  Maybe you could write another great adventure!.


"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens,"
 

1/03/2017 11:53 am  #5


Re: Gaming plans for 2017?

mabon5127 wrote:

Blackadder23 wrote:

Chainsaw wrote:

What's your outlook for gaming in 2017?

Not good. http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/cry.png

 

That is the saddest statement of the new year.  Maybe you could write another great adventure!.

I hope so. I was working on one last year, but I haven't made much progress since I herniated four discs in my back. http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/stoned.png

It's all I can do to drag myself to and from work at this point, I'm afraid.


"The fear of death, its risk each time, is one of the most stimulating parts of the game. It therefore behooves the referee to include as many mystifying and dangerous areas as is consistent with a reasonable chance for survival." - J. Eric Holmes
 

1/03/2017 6:58 pm  #6


Re: Gaming plans for 2017?

Man, BA23, that sucks. I'm really sorry. Shout out if there's anything we can do to help!

I am going to try try try try to both play more often in 2017 and to get an actual full adventure written down in a way that's more than just notes for my gang of maniacs.

Definitely will be at GaryCon. Running two AS&SH games there.

 

1/04/2017 9:56 am  #7


Re: Gaming plans for 2017?

Handy Haversack wrote:

Man, BA23, that sucks. I'm really sorry. Shout out if there's anything we can do to help!

I am going to try try try try to both play more often in 2017 and to get an actual full adventure written down in a way that's more than just notes for my gang of maniacs.

Definitely will be at GaryCon. Running two AS&SH games there.

Thanks. I'll just have to live vicariously through you guys. http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/happy.png


"The fear of death, its risk each time, is one of the most stimulating parts of the game. It therefore behooves the referee to include as many mystifying and dangerous areas as is consistent with a reasonable chance for survival." - J. Eric Holmes
 

1/04/2017 10:31 am  #8


Re: Gaming plans for 2017?

My D&D 1e campaign should be continuing as well as my online AS&SH campaign. I hope to play more in another online campaign I'm in.

I'll be running 6 Circus Maximus events this year at Gary Con. Doing the Finals for the first year now that Tim Kask handed that off to me last year.

I'm thinking of abandoning my megadungeon effort, or at least the D&D 1e version of it. It's not quite the group's style. They don't do dungeon crawls very well and doesn't fit what the campaign has been these many years. The online campaign folks might be getting high enough level to do Ghost Ship. We'll see. They are currently in my megadungeon.

We'll see if the kids pick up their AS&SH campaign they started.

If things get really crazy I'll be setting up a gaming room in our new house (well the big garage/warehouse that comes with our new house). I might even make a sand table!


What? Me worry?
 

1/04/2017 11:54 am  #9


Re: Gaming plans for 2017?

gizmomathboy wrote:

I'll be running 6 Circus Maximus events this year at Gary Con. Doing the Finals for the first year now that Tim Kask handed that off to me last year.

That's lots of CM! Sounds like fun.


 


"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens,"
 

1/04/2017 11:56 am  #10


Re: Gaming plans for 2017?

Blackadder23 wrote:

mabon5127 wrote:

Blackadder23 wrote:


Not good. http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/cry.png

 

That is the saddest statement of the new year.  Maybe you could write another great adventure!.

I hope so. I was working on one last year, but I haven't made much progress since I herniated four discs in my back. http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/stoned.png

It's all I can do to drag myself to and from work at this point, I'm afraid.

Hope this works out over the year.  Back pain is very debilitating and I feel very bad for you.
 


"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens,"
 

1/04/2017 12:09 pm  #11


Re: Gaming plans for 2017?

mabon5127 wrote:

Blackadder23 wrote:

mabon5127 wrote:


That is the saddest statement of the new year.  Maybe you could write another great adventure!.

I hope so. I was working on one last year, but I haven't made much progress since I herniated four discs in my back. http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/stoned.png

It's all I can do to drag myself to and from work at this point, I'm afraid.

Hope this works out over the year.  Back pain is very debilitating and I feel very bad for you.
 

Thanks. I'll get through it. http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/smile.png

 


"The fear of death, its risk each time, is one of the most stimulating parts of the game. It therefore behooves the referee to include as many mystifying and dangerous areas as is consistent with a reasonable chance for survival." - J. Eric Holmes
 

1/04/2017 12:24 pm  #12


Re: Gaming plans for 2017?

BA23 sorry to hear...hope your healing goes well. 

As for me, I am finishing up the last few illos for AS&SH 2e, as well and gearing up for perhaps one more module this year.  

Other than AS&SH I have a few other irons in the fire, as well as starting to offer some of my past non-licensed art catalog at one book shelf for self publishers to use. Those are a bit of work to get out, but I plan on releasing at least 10 different stock art packs to the public this year. 

I still have an active d6 star wars game for my two boys and wife, as well as a TMNT campaign I started in Nov last year. 

I will be attending GC this year, and hope to see many of you, and perhaps play  a few games with you. I will be setting up with Jeff at the North Wind booth, so stop by and chat. I look forward to seeing some faces from last year as well as meeting new folks. 


Del Teigeler, Illustrator
mavfire.blogspot.com
mavfire.deviantart.com
 

1/04/2017 1:18 pm  #13


Re: Gaming plans for 2017?

mavfire wrote:

I still have an active d6 star wars game for my two boys and wife, as well as a TMNT campaign I started in Nov last year. 

I will be attending GC this year, and hope to see many of you, and perhaps play  a few games with you. I will be setting up with Jeff at the North Wind booth, so stop by and chat. I look forward to seeing some faces from last year as well as meeting new folks. 

TMNT! Very nice. There's one session of it at GaryCon that I am keeping an eye on. It's been years since I played it.

See you in a couple of months, Del!
 

 

1/05/2017 4:06 am  #14


Re: Gaming plans for 2017?

I'll just copy what I wrote a couple weeks (months?) ago over at ODD74 (although it was more like a bucket list there, I kinda want to resolve as many of these this year as possible):


  • Run Break!! and Lost Songs of the Nibelungs, once they are published.
  • Publish my Grim Tales rules/setting combo.
  • Design something OSR based on the Shadow Realm and "defend the base from intruders and/or hunt them down" theme of Werewolf: the Forsaken.
  • Run a wuxia game (preferably Tianxia or Wandering Heroes of the Ogre Gate).
  • Run a well-designed magical girl campaign (maybe Magical Burst, once it's published).
  • Run short campaigns with my favourite PbtA games (Urban Shadows, Fellowship, and Legend of the Elements).
  • Run a full-blown Torchbearer campaign.
  • Finish writing my Sempiternal Citadel of Maleficence gothic megadungeon (even if Melan's gothic dungeon will probably outshine it).
  • Continue my Dwimmermount and AS&SH campaigns (maybe start something anew with 2nd edition).
  • Do more editing and proofreading for RPG publishers.

Last edited by Ynas Midgard (1/05/2017 4:08 am)

 

3/10/2017 5:26 pm  #15


Re: Gaming plans for 2017?

BA23, hope you are doing better amigo. Back pain is fricking terrible.

When the year started my goals were write more and play more! So, I've finally released Beyond the Ice-Fall; focusing now on Eldritch Tales; and if I can get that finished, I'll be doing some adventures. I'm still planning to revisit Lemuria, but not sure when...

I'm happy to report that my step-son has gotten a group of friends  interested in D&D. I am now running a White Box game for them. So far they finished Rats in the Walls, which I love, and I've opened possibilities to run Simon Bull's Secrets of the Old City or Keep on the Borderlands. We'll see what happens!


ravengodgames.blogspot.com ~ cartography, writing, game design
Author, Forgotten Fane of the Coiled Goddess
 

3/11/2017 6:12 pm  #16


Re: Gaming plans for 2017?

Realized I never responded to this thread. 

Convention stuff
- Gary Con: run The Strange Tale of Crystal Point (1x), Crash at Corpse Creek (2x) and Foolsgrave (4x)
- NTRPG Con:  run The Strange Tale of Crystal Point (1x), Crash at Corpse Creek (2x) and Foolsgrave (1x)
- GameHole:  run The Strange Tale of Crystal Point (1x), Crash at Corpse Creek (2x)

Home campaign stuff
- I would love to get an online, twice-a-month, drop in/drop out Foolsgrave megadungeon game going this fall. Nothing super serious, just folks hanging out and exploring. The Gary Con and NTRPG Con convention prep should help me make this happen, but there are still time tech hurdles I need to overcome. We'll see!


Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face
     Thread Starter
 

3/12/2017 11:52 am  #17


Re: Gaming plans for 2017?

Just started my AS&SH campaign. We're 3 sessions in so far.

Sadly, only one small Con on my radar for this year: TridentCon near Baltimore in October, I believe. That's a good one because James Spahn usually attends and runs some WhiteStar. I might run an AS&SH game. And another guy I know runs Stonehell (using C&C) which is a pretty good megadungeon.

2018 should see me return to Garycon though!
 

 

3/12/2017 5:29 pm  #18


Re: Gaming plans for 2017?

Druvas wrote:

Just started my AS&SH campaign. We're 3 sessions in so far.

Sadly, only one small Con on my radar for this year: TridentCon near Baltimore in October, I believe. That's a good one because James Spahn usually attends and runs some WhiteStar. I might run an AS&SH game. And another guy I know runs Stonehell (using C&C) which is a pretty good megadungeon.

2018 should see me return to Garycon though!
 

Will definitely make it to Trident Con this year and will hopefully bring several of my gaming group.
 


"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens,"
 

3/12/2017 11:22 pm  #19


Re: Gaming plans for 2017?

Chainsaw wrote:

Realized I never responded to this thread.

Convention stuff
- Gary Con: run The Strange Tale of Crystal Point (1x), Crash at Corpse Creek (2x) and Foolsgrave (4x)
- NTRPG Con: run The Strange Tale of Crystal Point (1x), Crash at Corpse Creek (2x) and Foolsgrave (1x)
- GameHole: run The Strange Tale of Crystal Point (1x), Crash at Corpse Creek (2x)

Home campaign stuff
- I would love to get an online, twice-a-month, drop in/drop out Foolsgrave megadungeon game going this fall. Nothing super serious, just folks hanging out and exploring. The Gary Con and NTRPG Con convention prep should help me make this happen, but there are still time tech hurdles I need to overcome. We'll see!

My online campaigns use roll20 and hangouts.

roll20 handles the maps and rolling. I use hangouts for the video/audio stuff.

I think the biggest hurdle might be getting those maps into usable chunks. If I recall Foolsgrave is huge (if it's the maps I'm thinking of).

It's all doable but takes a little work. Hit me up if you need some help and such.


What? Me worry?
 

3/13/2017 6:13 am  #20


Re: Gaming plans for 2017?

mabon5127 wrote:

Druvas wrote:

Just started my AS&SH campaign. We're 3 sessions in so far.

Sadly, only one small Con on my radar for this year: TridentCon near Baltimore in October, I believe. That's a good one because James Spahn usually attends and runs some WhiteStar. I might run an AS&SH game. And another guy I know runs Stonehell (using C&C) which is a pretty good megadungeon.

2018 should see me return to Garycon though!
 

Will definitely make it to Trident Con this year and will hopefully bring several of my gaming group.
 

Sweet! I forget, where do you live? I tried to get some of my regular group to go last year but everyone bailed. It was all good though, had a blast anyway.

 

Board footera

“Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea”, “AS&SH”, and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ©2017 North Wind Adventures, LLC.