Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Being the Official Discussion Forum for Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea™

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/14/2016 2:32 pm  #1

village, town, etc. spacing

I'm reviewing my Stonebrook work and I have 2 towns near it: Grassroad and Hillvale. Grassroad is about 18 miles from Stonebrook and 18 miles from Hillvale.

Looking at the travel tables that seems just about right since they are sort of vassals to the monarchs in Stonebrook and that puts the towns about a day's travel from one to the next.

What? Me worry?

9/14/2016 7:26 pm  #2

Re: village, town, etc. spacing

Sounds right to me, gizmo. 

Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea - A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Fantasy

10/11/2017 6:08 am  #3

Hi Giz

I probably noticed this post 2+ years back when I first join this site, but probably raced through it. Now I have read this post again yesterday, I realised it might be interesting to add to my Grey Coast maps (as Stonebrook is on it's lower left corner) any interesting locations others have created.

Any chance of the descriptions, population and any useful rumour, personalities (i.e. town mayor or chief).
Also a rough idea of location on map. is Grassroad 18 miles north of Stonebrook for example.

10/11/2017 12:48 pm  #4

I can dig through what I've got and place them in context of the 2e maps and your maps.

What? Me worry?

10/12/2017 4:40 am  #5

That be great Giz!

Today 9:05 am  #6

Hey Giz, did you ever find the stuff?

Today 9:38 am  #7

Hmmm, I don't seem to have notes about Stonebrook nor the 2 towns/villages nearby.

But here are the maps I have.

http://i68.tinypic.com/mltmxj.png

http://i65.tinypic.com/2lntpuo.png

What? Me worry?

Today 9:41 am  #8

I'm planning on doing more work on Stonebrook. I think it needs more towers (it is know for it's trebuchets and such :-)

I think have I have Grassroad only having a palisade and Hillvale barely that.

I stuck the Tomb of the Iron God about a day's ride north of Hillvale.

I had my Lost Ranger Patrol a few days west of Stonebrook into the Lug.

What? Me worry?

Today 9:52 am  #9

I found the map of your's I was using as a reference and I think this is roughly where the 2 towns/villages are.

http://i68.tinypic.com/2vi3vvk.png

What? Me worry?

Today 9:55 am  #10

Grassland is roughly 18 miles from Stonebrook and Hillvale is about 18 miles from Grassland. That is a day's walk (18 miles) for someone with 30 MV.

What? Me worry?

Today 11:41 am  #11

Very nice work, gizmo! I'm especially fond of what you put together for the bottom map on post #7. 

Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea - A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Fantasy

Today 12:42 pm  #12

Ghul wrote:

Very nice work, gizmo! I'm especially fond of what you put together for the bottom map on post #7. 

Thanks, Ghul!

I think I want to make the town a tiny bit bigger to give some more potential for shenanigans there. I also want do some more with the surrounding area (put some farms and such in there).

I just quickly created this and I have meant to go back and do a bit more work on it. Not a whole lot but enough to give me a framework to work with. Maybe even for folks to grab and spark their own ideas.

I always forget how close this area is to Brigands Bay and how that would/should create a bit of mayhem. :-)

What? Me worry?

Board footera

“Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea”, “AS&SH”, and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ©2017 North Wind Adventures, LLC.