photo HYPERBOREATitleLogo_zpsb3d1e44b.jpg


Being the Official Discussion Forum for Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea™


Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/10/2014 11:02 pm  #21


Re: Rats in the Walls

Yes, I'd love to get this module in hard copy!

 

4/11/2014 5:40 am  #22


Re: Rats in the Walls

Very soon, my fine fellows! Thank you for your interest.


Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea - A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Fantasy
     Thread Starter
 

4/13/2014 9:50 pm  #23


Re: Rats in the Walls

To my fellows here, it is now available for purchase: http://www.swordsmen-and-sorcerers.com/store

I'll make a more official announcement soon.


Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea - A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Fantasy
     Thread Starter
 

4/14/2014 6:46 am  #24


Re: Rats in the Walls

Awesome! Money Order is leaving today!

 

4/14/2014 7:57 am  #25


Re: Rats in the Walls

Transacted!

Ghul, just a question: Do the vendors you use (RPGnow etc.) allow for bundling the print and PDF versions?

 

4/14/2014 8:05 am  #26


Re: Rats in the Walls

Handy Haversack wrote:

Transacted!

Ghul, just a question: Do the vendors you use (RPGnow etc.) allow for bundling the print and PDF versions?

Only when you use their print-on-demand service for hard copies, which I'm not interested in doing. 
 


Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea - A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Fantasy
     Thread Starter
 

4/14/2014 8:41 am  #27


Re: Rats in the Walls

Gotcha. There's always a catch!

 

4/14/2014 10:33 am  #28


Re: Rats in the Walls

Ordered! http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/grin.png


"The fear of death, its risk each time, is one of the most stimulating parts of the game. It therefore behooves the referee to include as many mystifying and dangerous areas as is consistent with a reasonable chance for survival." - J. Eric Holmes
 

4/21/2014 8:40 am  #29


Re: Rats in the Walls

Well, it turned out I couldn't wait for this to arrive. Based on where the PCs went on Saturday, I had to jump in to the version printed in Knockspell! They are half(?)way through? I'm sure the printed version will arrive before our next session, but any major differences between the two?

Also, spoilerific campaign-journal-cum-review to follow! You will not believe what happened with those manacles!

 

4/21/2014 5:10 pm  #30


Re: Rats in the Walls

Handy Haversack wrote:

Well, it turned out I couldn't wait for this to arrive. Based on where the PCs went on Saturday, I had to jump in to the version printed in Knockspell! They are half(?)way through? I'm sure the printed version will arrive before our next session, but any major differences between the two?

Also, spoilerific campaign-journal-cum-review to follow! You will not believe what happened with those manacles!

Looking forward to it! Is it possible that your players are actually more foolhardy than mine? ;)
 


Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea - A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Fantasy
     Thread Starter
 

4/21/2014 5:57 pm  #31


Re: Rats in the Walls

Ghul wrote:

Handy Haversack wrote:

Well, it turned out I couldn't wait for this to arrive. Based on where the PCs went on Saturday, I had to jump in to the version printed in Knockspell! They are half(?)way through? I'm sure the printed version will arrive before our next session, but any major differences between the two?

Also, spoilerific campaign-journal-cum-review to follow! You will not believe what happened with those manacles!

Looking forward to it! Is it possible that your players are actually more foolhardy than mine? ;)
 

I can pretty much guarantee it, yes. You'll be happy to know, though, that Annesta's virtue remains intact despite the Amazon pyromancer's best efforts.
 

 

4/21/2014 10:29 pm  #32


Re: Rats in the Walls

Just received my 3 pack today: Charnel Crypt, Dunwich and Rats. Now to find somebody to play with around here!

 

4/23/2014 8:11 am  #33


Re: Rats in the Walls

I picked up the pdf a few days ago and gave it a read. Rats in the Walls takes a classic intro-adventure (rats in the basement) and turns it into a great S&S tale with some unexpected additions. Very cool, single-session adventure! Nicely done, Ghul!


ravengodgames.blogspot.com ~ cartography, writing, game design
Author, Forgotten Fane of the Coiled Goddess
 

4/28/2014 8:16 am  #34


Re: Rats in the Walls

Received this on Friday and got to read it last night. Great little adventure with a nice wink to the original story. Wonderfully twisted and totally has the vibe of Hyperborea that I appreciate so much. Thanks Jeff for making a darkly sparkling little blood jewel of an adventure!

 

4/28/2014 8:36 am  #35


Re: Rats in the Walls

Thanks for all the kind words, fellows.


Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea - A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Fantasy
     Thread Starter
 

5/20/2014 1:02 pm  #36


Re: Rats in the Walls

By the way, after playing this, I have only one criticism to lodge. Now, it may be just that my players are hopeless degenerates with the minds of twisted and sybaritic twelve-year-olds, but there was absolutely no way to get through the innkeeper's offering his wife's pearl necklace as a reward without all of us losing our sh*t. Perhaps that's a feature, not a bug, though!

 

8/08/2016 11:41 am  #37


Re: Rats in the Walls

This is well done if you haven't seen it



 

Last edited by Scalydemon (8/08/2016 11:41 am)


I filled my palace with deadly traps so trap admirers will come and visit me

AFS magazine - pulp literature meets old school gaming http://hallsoftizunthane.blogspot.com/
 

8/10/2016 11:36 am  #38


Re: Rats in the Walls

Handy Haversack wrote:

By the way, after playing this, I have only one criticism to lodge. Now, it may be just that my players are hopeless degenerates with the minds of twisted and sybaritic twelve-year-olds, but there was absolutely no way to get through the innkeeper's offering his wife's pearl necklace as a reward without all of us losing our sh*t. Perhaps that's a feature, not a bug, though!

Somehow I missed this post. http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/stoned.png


 


Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea - A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Fantasy
     Thread Starter
 

8/10/2016 11:37 am  #39


Re: Rats in the Walls

Scalydemon wrote:

This is well done if you haven't seen it



 

This looks fantastic, Scaly! Thanks for sharing.


Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea - A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Fantasy
     Thread Starter
 

8/13/2016 11:15 pm  #40


Re: Rats in the Walls

Interesting, that's the audio version published by Audio Realms, Inc. available in The Dark Worlds of H.P. Lovecraft, Volume 4.

Wayne June's narration is fantastic.

I wouldn't be surprised if this gets pulled from youtube due to licensing, but I'm not going to rat them out.

You can buy it directly from Audio Realms -- for a good price -- or on Audible, from Amazon. I only ever got physical copies of Volumes 4 & 5. For some reason you can only get an mp3 download of Vol. 5 from the publisher, not on Audible. I'm sad I didn't get Vol. 6, At the Mountains of Madness, while the gettin' was good, but I'm thinking of snagging it on Audible now.

To keep this on topic, have you thought about including your Rats in the Walls in the next edition of Hyperborea, Ghul? A starter adventure or sample dungeon a la the DMG might be nice for completeness sake; maybe even Benoist's dungeon unless Scaly is planning a reprint. This is only provided you didn't want to draft up something totally new, or that you have the room. Hmm, could make for another stretch goal idea.

Last edited by Josh (8/13/2016 11:32 pm)

 

Board footera

“Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea”, “AS&SH”, and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ©2016 North Wind Adventures, LLC.