!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/17/2016 5:09 pm  #1

Random Swords & Sorcery Adventure Generator

For my  own convenience, I converted the Random Swords & Sorcery Adventure Generator, offered as a resource on the AS&SH site, to HTML and JavaScript.  The content was all written by Ben Ball, and isn't my work: all I did was reformat it for the web and add the code for easy random generation.

Going to the web page will generate a new set of results.  You can generate additional sets of results with the GENERATE NEW ADVENTURE button.  The category titles are all buttons: you can use each button to generate a new result for just that category, leaving the others as-is.

The address of the web page version I made is:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/96307553/philotomy/random_sns_adventure_generator.html

EDIT: Dropbox has changed the way it delivers HTML pages over the browser. Consequently, I've made the page available at http://hyperion.bloodforthebloodgod.com/adventure/

Its presentation is very plain, but it seems to work well enough.  Thought some others might be interested.

Last edited by Philotomy (9/16/2016 5:36 pm)

7/20/2016 11:14 am  #2

Re: Random Swords & Sorcery Adventure Generator

Neat - thanks for this!
 ​Rob 

7/20/2016 11:41 am  #3

You're welcome.

I recently updated the page to include a checkbox that allows you to use "expanded" data sets when generating the adventure.  If the "expanded" check box is not checked, it will use the original data sets (typically 20 possibilities per category); if it is checked, it will use additional possibilities for some categories.

7/20/2016 6:52 pm  #4

Doctor_Rob wrote:

Neat - thanks for this!
​Rob 

Agreed! Great job, man.

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

9/06/2016 5:19 pm  #5

Mr. Jurament, I presume?

I believe we previously met on the Troll Lord Games forum and/or Dragonsfoot forum. This is really cool. Thanks for sharing it!

Psalm 73:26 | "Knowledge, logic, reason, and common sense serve better than a dozen rule books." -- E. Gary Gygax
"Rules not understood should have appropriate questions directed to the publisher; disputes with the Dungeon Master are another matter entirely. THE REFEREE IS THE FINAL ARBITER OF ALL AFFAIRS OF HIS OR HER CAMPAIGN."
-- E. Gary Gygax

9/06/2016 10:52 pm  #6

Zudrak wrote:

Mr. Jurament, I presume?

Yes, indeed.

I believe we previously met on the Troll Lord Games forum and/or Dragonsfoot forum. This is really cool. Thanks for sharing it!

You're welcome. I'm pleased by our reacquaintance.

9/16/2016 5:37 pm  #7

Dropbox has changed the way it delivers HTML pages over the browser. Consequently, I've made the page available at http://hyperion.bloodforthebloodgod.com/adventure/

9/18/2016 12:27 pm  #8

Another thank-you well deserved. Thanks!

“How can I wear the harness of toil
And sweat at the daily round,
While in my soul forever
The drums of Pictdom sound?” 

9/19/2016 8:43 am  #9

Nice. Thanks for the heads-up so we can update our bookmarks!

Psalm 73:26 | "Knowledge, logic, reason, and common sense serve better than a dozen rule books." -- E. Gary Gygax
"Rules not understood should have appropriate questions directed to the publisher; disputes with the Dungeon Master are another matter entirely. THE REFEREE IS THE FINAL ARBITER OF ALL AFFAIRS OF HIS OR HER CAMPAIGN."
-- E. Gary Gygax

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.