!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/19/2015 5:38 pm  #1

Handy Getting Married!

Handy Haversack wrote:

I have to get married on Monday, so time's acting a little weird right now.

Awesome man! Congrats!

Remember: happy wife, happy life. 

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

11/19/2015 5:49 pm  #2

Re: Handy Getting Married!

Ah yes, honey do lists, sex once a month, joint tax filings, complaints about drinking too much, complaints about grooming habits. Complaints about boxes of games continually showing up in the mail. Oh wait that's my marriage. Yours could be much better

Congrats man!

I filled my palace with deadly traps so trap admirers will come and visit me

AFS magazine - pulp literature meets old school gaming http://hallsoftizunthane.blogspot.com/

11/19/2015 6:19 pm  #3

Thanks, guys. It's not quite as big a deal as it seems. Ms. Haversack and I have been together sixteen years. We're already pretty good at it. But work is changing (getting rid of because it's still 1979 in Upper Manhattan, apparently) its domestic-partner benefits so she's going to need this for health insurance. It's a good excuse for a party, though! And NYC's City Hall is a cool place for weddings. I've been to three there.

For the record, she stays *Ms.* Haversack and our anniversary stays June 5. And I will still call her my partner.

For the other record, if anyone wants to get to NYC Monday night, you're invited to the party!

Last edited by Handy Haversack (11/19/2015 6:20 pm)

11/19/2015 6:33 pm  #4

Still, congratulations

11/19/2015 7:01 pm  #5

Thanks!

It's true: I found the treasure and got her back to town!

11/20/2015 5:45 am  #6

Congratulations indeed!

"It is all very well to point out that the man lacks facility; as he asserts, sheer force can overpower sophistication."
Jack Vance, Rhialto the Marvellous

11/20/2015 7:47 am  #7

Congrats to the 'Sacks! ;)

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

11/21/2015 2:02 am  #8

I'm only 6 hours away, but monday we play AS&SH so sorry i'll have to call off haha. Congrats mister and may the force be with your family!

11/21/2015 11:37 am  #9

Congrats to you and Ms. Handy, Mike! 

As it turns out, I may-well be on the east coast for job interviews on Monday, but I'm not likely to be in NYC, alas.

11/21/2015 8:50 pm  #10

Mazel tov and Od's blood!  Someone's making an honest man of Handy H.

I've been married for 22 years myself.  Without getting into the TMI zone, let's just say it needn't go down quite the way Scaly describes.

Last edited by Blackadder23 (11/21/2015 8:50 pm)

Michael Sipe 1979-2018
Rest in peace, brother.

11/22/2015 12:36 am  #11

Congratulations! 

11/22/2015 11:35 am  #12

Thanks, guys!

Grodog, if you ever find yourself in our Appalachian Metropole, you better get in touch! It would be our pleasure to buy you a seriously overpriced beer!

We decided to prepare for tomorrow with hangovers and AS&SH. Do any of you know a better way?!

11/22/2015 11:50 am  #13

Congrats to you and Ms. Haversack!  A wedding is the best excuse for a party!

11/26/2015 11:39 am  #14

Congratulations to you and the Misses! Sorry for being late to the party, I haven't been on too much lately. Here's to a great marriage, brother!

ravengodgames.blogspot.com ~ cartography, writing, game design
Author, Forgotten Fane of the Coiled Goddess

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.