!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/15/2015 6:26 am  #1

Scotland's Snow Tunnels

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

8/16/2015 9:49 am  #2

Re: Scotland's Snow Tunnels

Awesome pictures! I have an adventure idea that's been on the back burner for a long time. It's called The Ice Sphynx, inspired by the Roerich painting of same name. It involves a cabal of cryomancers who seek to see the whole of Hyperborea once again in the grip of the Ashen Worm's mantle of glacial ice. It's just a few pages of notes right now, but your pictures are inspiring to me -- they brought me right back to thinking about it! Here is the Roerich picture:

The adventure idea is also inspired by Fire and Ice, both the animated film and the Robert Frost poem:

Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I’ve tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

8/16/2015 10:13 am  #3

Nice! Bring it on!

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

8/22/2015 8:07 pm  #4

Not too dissimilar to a Land of Black Ice adventure concept I sketched in my design journal a few years ago, Jeff

8/22/2015 10:28 pm  #5

Man, Ms. Haversack and I were in Scotland in June--for the summer solstice--and they were all saying in the Highlands and Islands that it was a hundred years since a spring so late and so cold. They were still putting out fodder for the animals rather than letting them forage, which we had never seen before there. It got down into the 30s at night on Skye. We still hiked around, and I fell in three bogs. But, guys, seriously, those bogs were cold.

And I mean, really. Control weather is like a fourth-level spell. Get it together, Scotland.

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.