!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/10/2015 3:37 pm  #1

The problem with a one-off of AS&SH......

....is that the players want more! 
I set up Chasm of the Faceless King and took my S&W player's character's and transferred them into AS&SH and used the GM screen in this particular forum as a suggestion of what to expect. I weirded things out a little added a fright and had them running for their lives (a favorite manoever of mine) and in the end, wanting to play again.

The illustrations in the books are really inspirational for jazzing up the weird and I introduced an old evil that I hadn't even sprung on this group.with the addition of a bipedal elephant-man demigod that detested the wooly mammoths that were being used as travel, a group of stone monkeys that were almost unstoppable and their master, a hideous creature that they only caught glimpses of and started to panic and run from.

8/10/2015 8:12 pm  #2

Re: The problem with a one-off of AS&SH......

Give them more!

Michael Sipe 1979-2018
Rest in peace, brother.

8/11/2015 2:17 pm  #3

Happy to hear your S&W group enjoyed AS&SH - they want more, make a campaign of it!

ravengodgames.blogspot.com ~ cartography, writing, game design
Author, Forgotten Fane of the Coiled Goddess

8/16/2015 2:00 pm  #4

It is going to happen. We all like AS&SH now, just add a few demi-humans and run!

8/16/2015 2:26 pm  #5

Glad to hear it, man. You should write up some of their adventures in the campaign journals area.

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.