!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/05/2015 9:21 pm  #1

AS&SH art/creature in my greyhawk campaign

Let's just say that the artwork is good and creepy from AS&SH.

First some background. I took over a greyhawk 1e D&D campaign from francisca after life started demanding more of his time. The basic idea being a cthulu spin on things. An npc had summoned some help with a war and caught the attention of Dagon. My spin became that Dagon, Cthulu, etc are just avatars/manifestations/echoes of Tharizdun. With an end of arc being the PCs dealing with the original Temple of Elemental Evil. Which they are in at the moment.

They eventually walking through a doorway into a transdimensional kind of area. The caverns had statues of various things: Kuo-toa (deep ones), Mind flayers, demons, devils, black puddings (stole the AS&SH idea they are failed shoggoth summonings), but also Mi-Go and Yiths.

I was going to run the version from AS&SH with tweaks to be compatible with 1e D&D. When they got to the caverns that would lead to a Mi-Go world/place or a Yith place I showed them the illustrations for the Bestiary (since there were statues of them to serve as a warning). I believe their words were, "Winged Nope" for the Mi-Go, and "Conical shaped Nope" for the Yith.

The Mi-Go and the Yith weren't things they had ever encountered so they have no context for them at all. :-)

What? Me worry?

5/06/2015 9:16 am  #2

Re: AS&SH art/creature in my greyhawk campaign

That's fantastic. I enjoy dropping the occasional HPL monster into "normal" fantasy stories to shake things up.

ravengodgames.blogspot.com ~ cartography, writing, game design
Author, Forgotten Fane of the Coiled Goddess

5/06/2015 5:17 pm  #3

Re: AS&SH art/creature in my greyhawk campaign

Great job, gizmomathboy, that sounds like a lot of fun!

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.