photo HYPERBOREATitleLogo_zpsb3d1e44b.jpg

Being the Official Discussion Forum for Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea™

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/21/2015 2:38 pm  #1

Tides in Hyperborea

Are there any special considerations for tidal flows in Hyperborea, given the two moons and the falls at the edge of the sea situation? Is there even a tidal change?

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

4/21/2015 2:55 pm  #2

Re: Tides in Hyperborea

I just say they are unpredictably chaotic.  That way they can do whatever I need them to do. http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/lol.png

"The fear of death, its risk each time, is one of the most stimulating parts of the game. It therefore behooves the referee to include as many mystifying and dangerous areas as is consistent with a reasonable chance for survival." - J. Eric Holmes

4/21/2015 2:56 pm  #3

I use tides in my game, but I've never worked out the precise science of them. With two moons, a hexagonal flat earth, Saturn close, and the sun a red giant, I had to throw my scientific calculator out the window. 

Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea - A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Fantasy

4/21/2015 2:59 pm  #4

Just assume they are cursed and haunted.

4/21/2015 3:44 pm  #5

These answers pretty much confirm what I expected. Thanks!

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

Board footera

“Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea”, “AS&SH”, and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ©2017 North Wind Adventures, LLC.