photo HYPERBOREATitleLogo_zpsb3d1e44b.jpg


Being the Official Discussion Forum for Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea™


Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!




You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/29/2014 7:45 pm  #41


Re: Brew

Verrry interesting. When it happens, if there's an extra chair maybe I could make the trek to NYC too. About 1 hr. for me.
 

 

4/29/2014 9:15 pm  #42


Re: Brew

Current weapon of choice: Big Boss' Blanco Diablo...
http://i1057.photobucket.com/albums/t382/capitalbill/IMG_20140429_220930_778_zpsbbc3vr1e.jpg

Going very nice with some wings!

 

4/29/2014 9:19 pm  #43


Re: Brew

Maezar wrote:

Verrry interesting. When it happens, if there's an extra chair maybe I could make the trek to NYC too. About 1 hr. for me.
 

Totally. You're more than welcome!

We're playing this Sunday as best I can tell. Probably 12-6ish. Greenpoint, Brooklyn (near the BQE, between the 59th St. and Williamsburg Bridges). We've been pretty good about gaming every two weeks so far in 2014.

 

5/03/2014 8:40 am  #44


Re: Brew

capitalbill wrote:

Current weapon of choice: Big Boss' Blanco Diablo...
http://i1057.photobucket.com/albums/t382/capitalbill/IMG_20140429_220930_778_zpsbbc3vr1e.jpg

Going very nice with some wings!

Nice.  Where does one find that on draft?  You in the DC area?

 

5/03/2014 9:08 pm  #45


Re: Brew

Druvas wrote:

Nice.  Where does one find that on draft?

 
Place is called Taco Mac; among the best beer selections on tap in town, and it's closest to where I live.

Druvas wrote:

You in the DC area?

Nope. I live in Charlotte, NC. But I'm up in my old stompings grounds of NoVa once or twice a year visiting family.

 

5/06/2014 7:45 am  #46


Re: Brew

capitalbill wrote:

Druvas wrote:

Nice.  Where does one find that on draft?

 
Place is called Taco Mac; among the best beer selections on tap in town, and it's closest to where I live.

Druvas wrote:

You in the DC area?

Nope. I live in Charlotte, NC. But I'm up in my old stompings grounds of NoVa once or twice a year visiting family.

Nice.  I 'm always looking for good beers that I've never had the pleasure of tasting.  Next time I'm in Charlotte, I'll look the place up.

Where in NoVa are you from?  I grew up in Vienna, stomped all over Fairfax, lived in Leesburg for a few years and now reside in Gainesville.

 

5/07/2014 6:48 pm  #47


Re: Brew

Been a long, rough week thus far. Unwinding at the local with Big Boss' High Roller...

http://i1057.photobucket.com/albums/t382/capitalbill/IMG_20140507_192958_438_zpsjmf4phix.jpg





Druvas wrote:

Where in NoVa are you from?  I grew up in Vienna, stomped all over Fairfax, lived in Leesburg for a few years and now reside in Gainesville.

 
McLean, Herndon, Reston.

 

5/07/2014 6:52 pm  #48


Re: Brew

That looks tasty, Bill. I need a beverage right about now.


Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea - A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Fantasy
 

5/07/2014 7:24 pm  #49


Re: Brew

Ghul wrote:

That looks tasty, Bill. I need a beverage right about now.

 
As do I, and lo: Saranac Pale Ale...

http://i1057.photobucket.com/albums/t382/capitalbill/IMG_20140507_202112_718_zpswz1rorss.jpg

 

5/07/2014 8:59 pm  #50


Re: Brew

Very nice. My phone is across the room, but I do have a good mug of Sam Adams in hand!


Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea - A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Fantasy
 

5/07/2014 9:01 pm  #51


Re: Brew

capitalbill wrote:

McLean, Herndon, Reston.

One of my good friends grew up in Reston for a while. Went to Herndon High, I believe.

Simple Yuengling for me tonight. I think during our AS&SH session on Sunday, we had Yuengling, Shiner Bock, Cidre (sigh), Lagunitas IPA, and mead.

 

5/08/2014 3:48 am  #52


Re: Brew

Handy Haversack wrote:

capitalbill wrote:

McLean, Herndon, Reston.

One of my good friends grew up in Reston for a while. Went to Herndon High, I believe.

Simple Yuengling for me tonight. I think during our AS&SH session on Sunday, we had Yuengling, Shiner Bock, Cidre (sigh), Lagunitas IPA, and mead.

I still stomp around Reston and Herndon and I work in McLean. :-)

Alas, no beers for me tonight.  Had a happy hour planned for this coming friday evening but it has been cancelled. :-(  We have a new brew-pub called BJ's (it's a national chain) and they make some decent beer.  I'm on heffeweissen kick these days and try every one I can get my hands on.

 

5/11/2014 3:07 pm  #53


Re: Brew

After spending the late morning/early afternoon poolside enjoying this beautiful weather on a day off it is time for some brews!


Starting out with a Ska Euphoria Pale Ale....
http://i1057.photobucket.com/albums/t382/capitalbill/IMG_20140511_155928_523_zps76umhe72.jpg

 

5/11/2014 3:53 pm  #54


Re: Brew

And on to a more local brew, Olde Mecklenburg Fruh Bock...
http://i1057.photobucket.com/albums/t382/capitalbill/IMG_20140511_163455_855_zpsrzgy59cs.jpg

 

5/11/2014 4:26 pm  #55


Re: Brew

Finishing up with a Smuttynose Finestkind...
http://i1057.photobucket.com/albums/t382/capitalbill/IMG_20140511_171847_873_zpszeqdoo1k.jpg

 

5/11/2014 7:00 pm  #56


Re: Brew

Me and the missus enjoying a tasty Greek beer in Athens a few weeks ago:
http://i877.photobucket.com/albums/ab338/Druvas/IMG_3134.jpg

 

5/11/2014 7:48 pm  #57


Re: Brew

Nice work, lads!

 

5/11/2014 8:05 pm  #58


Re: Brew

Handy Haversack wrote:

Nice work, lads!

 Aye!!

--Ron--


& Magazine Filling in the gaps for old school gamers. 
 

5/12/2014 5:54 am  #59


Re: Brew

...And last night's beverage.  BJ's Hefeweizen from a growler, poured into my favorite Erdinger glass.  Keep your eyes averted from my cookies in the background. ;-)
http://i877.photobucket.com/albums/ab338/Druvas/E4951ACB-0A2C-45F8-8CAB-395EB779A0EF.jpg

 

5/21/2014 11:00 am  #60


Re: Brew

Last weekend's gaming session included these choice items:
Hot Italian Sausages, 4 phat ribeyes, a 36 pack of Dr. Pepper, my usual Rocky patel, and a case of Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy (not pictured here).  We continued the side campaign I'm running of Castle Zagyg: The Upper Works/ Castle of the Mad Archmage.  We all ate like pigs, drank DP and beer, shared some Evan Williams Single Barrel, and smoked some Rocky Patels. Oh, and I TPK'd the group. :-)
http://i61.tinypic.com/16hsupv.jpg
http://i60.tinypic.com/ix593k.jpg

 

Board footera

“Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea”, “AS&SH”, and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ©2017 North Wind Adventures, LLC.