photo HYPERBOREATitleLogo_zpsb3d1e44b.jpg

Being the Official Discussion Forum for Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea™

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/13/2015 8:20 pm  #21

Re: The Next Three Modules

Wow! I am genuinely impressed. Solid work Glynn.

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

2/13/2015 10:22 pm  #22

Damn, ghul. Those are fan fucking tastic maps.

I dearly love B&W art. Especially on non-glossy paper.

Give me kind of rough paper that catches perfectly on your finger tips as you page through a book.

What? Me worry?

2/14/2015 12:31 am  #23

You always have the best damn maps!!

2/14/2015 8:02 am  #24

Beautiful maps, Jeff!

2/14/2015 8:07 am  #25

gizmomathboy wrote:

Damn, ghul. Those are fan fucking tastic maps.

I dearly love B&W art. Especially on non-glossy paper.

Give me kind of rough paper that catches perfectly on your finger tips as you page through a book.

My printer came back to me with two quotes: one for HUSKY OFFSET OPAQUE and the other for ENDURANCE TEXT GLOSS. I told him he could ditch the gloss quote. Looks like we are on the same ... page ... gizmo. 

Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea - A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Fantasy

2/14/2015 8:07 am  #26

Sir Clarence wrote:

Beautiful maps, Jeff!

Thanks, Andreas. That means a lot to me coming from a man of your talents!

Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea - A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Fantasy

2/14/2015 8:08 am  #27

k2h2m3 wrote:

You always have the best damn maps!!

Thanks, Bryon, I appreciate that.

2/14/2015 8:46 am  #28

Really impressive. Yet menacing. How did you manage *that*?

2/14/2015 9:44 am  #29

Handy Haversack wrote:

Really impressive. Yet menacing. How did you manage *that*?

Glynn has a way! For my own adventure, he took some of my crude chicken scratchings and turned them into something wonderfully frightening.

2/14/2015 10:55 am  #30

Gorgeous maps, well done Glynn!

ravengodgames.blogspot.com ~ cartography, writing, game design
Author, Forgotten Fane of the Coiled Goddess

2/14/2015 3:46 pm  #31

Definitely liking the vibe in the maps (although I skipped past the Forgotten Fane maps---don't want to see too much before I play!). 

Allan.

2/14/2015 3:50 pm  #32

grodog wrote:

Definitely liking the vibe in the maps (although I skipped past the Forgotten Fane maps---don't want to see too much before I play!). 

Allan.

It's actually OK to take a look at it, Allan, because it's the Players' Map that you will be supplied with during the adventure.

2/14/2015 4:37 pm  #33

Jeff, I always find it amusing that you always dismiss your skill in making hand drawn maps as yours are by far some of the best I have ever seen IMHO.

2/14/2015 6:28 pm  #34

k2h2m3 wrote:

Jeff, I always find it amusing that you always dismiss your skill in making hand drawn maps as yours are by far some of the best I have ever seen IMHO.

Heh! Thanks, Bryon. I can't help but notice all the flaws in my drawings, but I guess everyone does that.

2/14/2015 6:44 pm  #35

Man, I'm definitely excited about picking these up. Hopefully I have some spending $ when the Kickstarter launches http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/grin.png

The maps are an excellent blend stylistically between 'old' and 'new' mapping aesthetics. 

2/14/2015 9:55 pm  #36

Those look fantastic! http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/love.png

I second the idea that Jeff could just ink his own hand-drawn maps.  They are great. http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/smile.png

"The fear of death, its risk each time, is one of the most stimulating parts of the game. It therefore behooves the referee to include as many mystifying and dangerous areas as is consistent with a reasonable chance for survival." - J. Eric Holmes

2/14/2015 10:24 pm  #37

Blackadder23 wrote:

Those look fantastic! http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/love.png

I second the idea that Jeff could just ink his own hand-drawn maps.  They are great. http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/smile.png

Far too kind! Maybe my stuff is OK, but Glynn is a master.

2/15/2015 1:53 am  #38

I'm setting aside three twenties NOW.
Are these to be in color, like on his site? Depends on the kickstarter results, I suppose?

2/15/2015 7:16 am  #39

famouswolf wrote:

I'm setting aside three twenties NOW.
Are these to be in color, like on his site? Depends on the kickstarter results, I suppose?

The maps? They will be B&W. Color covers, interior B&W. If the KS campaign really does well, we can see about adding a second color to the entire interior (section headers, perhaps).

2/15/2015 3:30 pm  #40

k2h2m3 wrote:

Seconded:  your CZ maps were marvels to behold, Jeff :D

Board footera

“Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea”, “AS&SH”, and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ©2017 North Wind Adventures, LLC.