!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/03/2014 7:21 pm  #1

AS&SH GM/Referee Screen

I mean...we all need one of these right?  I looked around a bit but could not find where anyone put one of these together earlier.  After my first game, I'm glad I took the time to put it together.  I have it organized (from left to right), with ability score tables and miscellaneous information, general savings throws, etc. on the left panel.  The middle two panels are basically combat related, how to start combat, combat matrix, typical modifiers, weapon damage removing the unrelated information from those tables, etc.  The last panel is dealing with reactions, hirelings, morale, and item savings throws (boy is that table fun to use).

I loved grabbing some of the great artwork from the books to sneak into the 'dead space' on these screens to liven them up a little.

I have also created pdf/images with crop marks for easy printing/cutting, so that the entire thing, if printed and cut to size, will still fit in the red box everything comes in.  I printed these on 'label' paper (so I didn't have to glue or tape), and put them onto two manila folders. 

I'm not sure if anyone has formatted these yet, but I think the organization and the tables actually used, fit pretty well and flow during the game nicely.  The ability score text was reduced in size slightly for fitting them all on the page, but other than that, the text is mostly the same size as in the main books.

The hardest part of these was the cover art...too many great illustrations to want to include from what's been created so far.  I did use the logos, only because they are very cool and felt that the screens should showcase the game if I ever take it to a store (but realistically I will only probably ever run a game in my home).  Of course, this is in no way actually endorsed by Northwind Adventures, etc. and I can take no credit for any of the artwork...just time to organize them all into a usable fashion.  Thanks to the creators for all of their great content!

Enjoy

[img]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-V4MPuYC-CLI/U97PMo6tJoI/AAAAAAAAAgM/UiSFqklV5UM/s1600/Photo+Aug+02,+10+25+41+AM.jpg[/img]

Last edited by WebwayDrifter (8/03/2014 8:30 pm)

8/03/2014 7:33 pm  #2

8/03/2014 7:48 pm  #3

Re: AS&SH GM/Referee Screen

Nice! I'm starting a game in a couple of weeks and had already been thinking about which tables to extract for easy reference, so this is perfect. Thanks a ton!

Blackadder23: Insanely long villain soliloquy, then "Your action?"
BORGO'S PLAYER: I shoot him in the face

8/03/2014 11:19 pm  #4

That's great. I've been slowly cutting and snipping stuff from the pdfs to make my own (landscape) screen. This give me some good ideas about organization and layout.

8/04/2014 11:34 am  #5

excelent work, downloading now

8/04/2014 5:49 pm  #6

Nice work! Someone did do one earlier, sans art, so I did what you did: supplemented my own screen with art from the PDF. It oozes AS&SH vibes...

"It is all very well to point out that the man lacks facility; as he asserts, sheer force can overpower sophistication."
Jack Vance, Rhialto the Marvellous

8/04/2014 6:01 pm  #7

Great work! Thanks for sharing.

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

8/05/2014 10:00 am  #8

You here that thud?

That was my jaw hitting the floor.

Excellent work, and thanks for sharing it.

8/05/2014 1:33 pm  #9

Awesome! Thanks for this.

8/07/2014 11:33 pm  #10

Oh my! Very nice work WD . . . Been meaning to throw something together myself, I can certainly refrain from that now. Kudos! And Thanks!

8/08/2014 4:55 pm  #11

francisca wrote:

You here that thud?

That was my jaw hitting the floor.

Excellent work, and thanks for sharing it.

Haha not a problem!  Glad to be able to contribute a little.

8/14/2014 6:20 pm  #12

Wow Thanks for this! Great work!

Aaron

2/12/2015 11:22 pm  #13

Fabulous!  I'll definitely put this to you, and had missed it the first time around!

Allan.

7/20/2015 10:10 am  #14

Excellent! I'm using this for my first game of AS&SH tonight! Thank you!

7/20/2015 12:19 pm  #15

Mortificateur wrote:

Excellent! I'm using this for my first game of AS&SH tonight! Thank you!

Good luck and let us know how it goes! You should start a campaign journal thread. Love to know who's playing what, what adventure you run and how it all shakes out. 

7/20/2015 1:01 pm  #16

That's my goal. I love reading campaign journal from you guys too.

7/20/2015 1:45 pm  #17

Yes, please share the exploits of your poor suckers - *cough* I mean "players".
This screen looks fantastic.  I made myself a pretty nice one a couple years ago (if I do say so myself), but then I discovered I could easily run the game off the top of my head.  So I never actually used it!

Michael Sipe 1979-2018
Rest in peace, brother.

1/15/2016 6:24 pm  #18

This is a great tool - thanks for sharing!

“The more I see of what you call civilization, the more highly I think of what you call savagery!” 
― Robert E. HowardKing Kull
www.skelospress.com

1/15/2016 6:42 pm  #19

Brule Spear-Slayer wrote:

This is a great tool - thanks for sharing!

Welcome Brule! Nice avatar.

1/15/2016 10:34 pm  #20

Welcome, Brule. One of my favorite characters, too. The Shadow Kingdom is an all-time favorite of mine. Love Kull and Brule, and the portrayal of the serpent men in that yarn has been a major inspiration to me for a long time. 

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.