!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/15/2014 7:43 pm  #1

Rules for Demihumans & Higher Levels

I'm thinking of using AS&SH as my go to game not just for adventuring in Hyperborea, but also for my D&D games. The ruleset is so clean, and I'm getting tired of trying to keep the various D&D type rulesets straight in my head. The two big tasks would be creating rules for demihumans and rules for advancing past level 12. 

The latter I think I can extrapolate based on FA and spell progressions (I love that there are consistent progressions for these and experience points to level). Before I start working on demihumans though, has anyone done any work on that? I guess I could port them right over, with class restrictions and level limits, but I wanted to check first.

Thanks.

Last edited by Kirowan (6/15/2014 7:43 pm)

6/15/2014 9:50 pm  #2

Re: Rules for Demihumans & Higher Levels

If I were going to do that, I would probably just use the AD&D rules for demihumans.  But if you come up with something new and exciting, please share.

Michael Sipe 1979-2018
Rest in peace, brother.

6/16/2014 2:40 am  #3

Re: Rules for Demihumans & Higher Levels

I use the race features from AD&D.

Humans get one additional secondary skill and language at first level, as well as proficiency with one additional weapon, as all characters do at 4th, 8th, and 12th.
In this campaign, I also granted an additional Weapon Mastery to human fighter classes at 1st level, since they are already proficient with all weapons. But I'm not quite sure if that may be a bit much.

"Steel isn't strong, boy. Flesh is stronger. What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?"

Spriggan's Den

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.