!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/13/2014 6:33 pm  #1

Conan the Barbarian (1982) (instrumental version / full soundtrack)

This is perhaps the finest way to watch this classic film!

The fellow who compiled this project has described it as so:

This is a little experiment I did in 2011 to get acquainted with Sound Forge 10. Since I love this movie soundtrack, I decided to make an instrumental version with it, replacing all the parts where the music plays in the background with the music from the CD. The soundtrack is after all the best element of the film, or at least I think so.

Since the original recording of this film soundtrack is marred by a number of technical problems, I decided to use the 2010 re-recording of the score performed by The City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra, which sounds better in a variety of ways. The brass in "Anvil of Crom" sounds a little on the weak side, but other than that the re-recording is a definite step-up from the original recording.

Of course since the tracks in the re-recording don't play at the exact tempo as the original recording, I had to tweak every track in SF10 and sync each passage to the appropriate visual cue in the film to make it work. In addition to that I had to piece together an improvised version of the music that plays during the fight that takes place at Thulsa Doom's lair, using pieces from "Anvil of Crom" and "Riders of Doom". The edit points are noticeable, but it didn't come out too bad.

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

7/21/2014 4:56 pm  #2

Re: Conan the Barbarian (1982) (instrumental version / full soundtrack)

Here is the entire score re-recorded. This is the most complete and inspiring version of the score I have yet to hear. Absolutely awesome.

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

7/26/2014 8:28 am  #3

Ghul wrote:

This is perhaps the finest way to watch this classic film!

The fellow who compiled this project has described it as so:

This is a little experiment I did in 2011 to get acquainted with Sound Forge 10. Since I love this movie soundtrack, I decided to make an instrumental version with it, replacing all the parts where the music plays in the background with the music from the CD. The soundtrack is after all the best element of the film, or at least I think so.

Since the original recording of this film soundtrack is marred by a number of technical problems, I decided to use the 2010 re-recording of the score performed by The City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra, which sounds better in a variety of ways. The brass in "Anvil of Crom" sounds a little on the weak side, but other than that the re-recording is a definite step-up from the original recording.

Of course since the tracks in the re-recording don't play at the exact tempo as the original recording, I had to tweak every track in SF10 and sync each passage to the appropriate visual cue in the film to make it work. In addition to that I had to piece together an improvised version of the music that plays during the fight that takes place at Thulsa Doom's lair, using pieces from "Anvil of Crom" and "Riders of Doom". The edit points are noticeable, but it didn't come out too bad.

Boo, my country blocked this youtube.

--Ron--

PS: Looking forward to the next one then!

"No interruptions! I am El Jefe!"
[url=www.unseenservant.us]Unseen Servant[/url] for all your PbP needs.

7/27/2014 2:09 pm  #4

Any time I am working on my setting and just not feeling the spirit, this music is what gets me back into the game.

"Steel isn't strong, boy. Flesh is stronger. What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?"

Spriggan's Den

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.