!!insidediv!!

Being the Official Discussion Forum for HYPERBOREA®, a role-playing game of swords, sorcery, and weird science-fantasy

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/14/2023 11:02 pm  #1

Castle Zagyg vol 1. Back in print

Yggsburg is back in print. Apparently some arm twisting is in progress to attempt restart the Castle Zygag line.

I watched a couple interviews with the TLG team and they mentioned Gary had named Ghul the head honcho on the project back in the day-- they also said they'd likely try to reach out to him for advice should the legal arm twisting prove successful.

"We alone of all mankind, who are sorcerers of high attainment and mastery, may endure the lethal ice-change and become breathers of the airless void, and thus, in the end, be made suitable for the provender of such as Rlim Shaikorth." sounds great unless you know what Provender means.

11/15/2023 11:10 am  #2

Re: Castle Zagyg vol 1. Back in print

Yes, Jeff was working with Gary on the renewal/rewriting of Castle Zagyg, and running playtesting on it with his local group back in the day. Upon Gary's death, the Widow pulled all the IP, and left Jeff High and dry after like 6 months of work without pay. After that setback, Jeff buckled down and wrote Astonishing Swordsmen and Sorcerers of Hyperborea (now just called by most as Hyperborea )
Not sure if they have reached out, nor If they are planning on using any of the content that was worked on by Jeff pre-Gary's passing that he didn't get any pay for, but I'd expect them to in the end finally pay him for his work that he didn't receive recognition/nor compensation for, but I think they may not recognize him for the work he had done, which pisses me off a bit...

-- 
BlackKnight, AKA Sausage
Older than Dirt, Crusty, and set in my ways. Been playing TTRPGs for over 45 years...

11/15/2023 11:23 am  #3

I hope Jeff gets his due. Thats terrible, glad to know the whole story.

"We alone of all mankind, who are sorcerers of high attainment and mastery, may endure the lethal ice-change and become breathers of the airless void, and thus, in the end, be made suitable for the provender of such as Rlim Shaikorth." sounds great unless you know what Provender means.

11/15/2023 3:00 pm  #4

I've been reached out to a lot on this topic, from friends, family, industry peers, fellow gamers, and so forth. For me, the past is the past. I moved on from that unfortunate series of events a long time ago. Although I consider Luke and TLG to be friends, I am perfectly happy controlling my own destiny. If those good dudes have some questions for me in the future, I might have some answers, but I am all in on Hyperborea. 

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

11/15/2023 5:59 pm  #5

Ghul wrote:

...I am perfectly happy controlling my own destiny...I am all in on Hyperborea. 

Free will and decisiveness. Cheers! 

"It is all very well to point out that the man lacks facility; as he asserts, sheer force can overpower sophistication."
Jack Vance, Rhialto the Marvellous

11/17/2023 11:35 am  #6

rhialto wrote:

Ghul wrote:

Cheers to you, sir.

HYPERBOREA- A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Science-Fantasy

11/18/2023 6:54 am  #7

rhialto wrote:

Ghul wrote:

Indeed, bravo!

Board footera

© 2009-2024 North Wind Adventures, LLC. “HYPERBOREA” is a registered trademark of North Wind Adventures, LLC. “Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea,” “AS&SH,” and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.