photo HYPERBOREATitleLogo_zpsb3d1e44b.jpg

Being the Official Discussion Forum for Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea™

Visit us at the HYPERBOREA web site!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

4/16/2014 6:00 am  #1

Finding Conan (14-minute documentary)

This documenary, done in four parts, is pretty well done:

Part One:

Part Two:

Part Three:

Part Four:

My only criticism is that I wish he'd taken the time to mention Novalyn Price (Howard's GF), whose biography of Howard was written specifically to debunk the De Camp's erroneous and slanderous portrayal of Howard. Her biography was adapted to film in "Whole Wide World," which was very well done. The maker of this four-part documentary (above) utilizes "Whole Wide World" a lot in his footage, yet he doesn't mention it. Notwithstanding, I like what he's done.

Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea - A Role-Playing Game of Swords, Sorcery, and Weird Fantasy

4/16/2014 9:59 am  #2

Re: Finding Conan (14-minute documentary)

I really hate what De Camp and Carter did to Conan. Carter's biography of Lovecraft is also a load of slanderous crap.

4/16/2014 12:44 pm  #3

Thanks for posting this.  Its a great primer for the new enthusiast.  Very succinct. 

"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens,"

4/16/2014 1:00 pm  #4

Quite interesting.
I thought De Camp was just a very bad writter who tooke after Howard to continue the serie. http://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons/dead.png

Board footera

“Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea”, “AS&SH”, and all other North Wind Adventures product names and their respective logos are trademarks of North Wind Adventures, LLC in the USA and other countries. ©2016 North Wind Adventures, LLC.